Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beautiful vintage 40/50s ladies overcoat

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
Hello fellow loungers,

I am selling a very beautiful late 40s/early 50s double-breasted ladies overcoat for my girlfriend. The coat is NOS, it has been sitting in a warehouse all these years. So it is really in mint condition, apart from minimal ribbing at the shoulders, presumably from hanging on a clothes hanger all the time. The coat is made from all wool in a really lovely black/red pattern and lined with a satin-like cloth (I'm not experienced with fabrics, help would be appreciated).
This overcoat is beautifully tailored and gives a great hourglass silhouette:)

Measurements with garment laid flat:

Chest: 17 inch or 43,5 cm
Waist: 13 inch or 33,5 cm
Shoulder (seam to seam): 15,5 inch or 39 cm
Length (from bottom of collar): 45 inch or 114 cm
Sleeves (longest side on top of the sleeve): 23,75 inch or 60 cm

Payment via bank transfer or paypal. Shipping cost I have yet to determine, depends on the country of course. All bidders welcome:)
Offers via PM or answer in this thread please.

CIMG3489.jpg

CIMG3460.jpg

CIMG3461.jpg

CIMG3462.jpg

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
Indeed it is:) Thanks for the help. Just to clarify, the coat is definitely pure wool, I just wasn't sure about the lining. The tag says "Reine Wolle", which means pure wool in german.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Luke 42 said:
Indeed it is:) Thanks for the help. Just to clarify, the coat is definitely pure wool, I just wasn't sure about the lining. The tag says "Reine Wolle", which means pure wool in german.

Yeah, my bad. I just saw that! Lining is pretty much always standard, made of nylon, rayon, acetate or some other synthetic fiber.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
It isn't the coat - it is the size! Thats so slim, the gal in the photos must be super tiny!

I love this coat, and if it was a 40"/30" you would already have heard from me.

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
pdxvintagette said:
It isn't the coat - it is the size! Thats so slim, the gal in the photos must be super tiny!

I love this coat, and if it was a 40"/30" you would already have heard from me.

Ok, just to be sure about the terminology, the coat would be a 34" /26", right? That's really a pity, I thought that would be a rather sought after size. My girlfriend in the pictures is about 5.3 feet (162cm), not too skinny and the coat is a little long for her, just to give you an idea. I probably would look even a little better on taller women.
Thanks for your interest, it's really appreciated :)

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
If she is "not TOO skinny", then you may be measuring a bit conservatively. A 34" bust on a coat would really only fit a gal with a 32" bust. Are you measuring with it fully relaxed, perhaps? Because women's garments have that extra room and shape in the bust, that has to be accounted for. You sort of have to carefully pull and flatten out the extra curviness. If your girlfriend's bust measures 34" or larger around, then the coat does, too!

I agree, it is for a taller gal for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner