Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Cases

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Jean Harlow's beauty case

Jean+Harlow+15.jpg

Claireg

One of the Regulars
Dexter'sDame said:
To keep the train cases and my vanity drawers clean, I line them with carefully washed plastic trays from certain brands of cookie packages. The brand varies depending on the size I need: An Oreos tray has 3 oblong sections and fits the bottom of my makeup case perfectly. When they crack or get dirty, I just rinse them out or throw them into the recycle bin.

Another favorite liner: the clear, hard plastic box from the gift pack of Fererro Rocher candies. Fits perfectly in my vanity drawer or my vintage train case, and the lids make great shallow dividers as well.

This is a fab idea! Thanks. here is my baby, bought it at an auction for peanuts. Has come in very handy for xmas hols
1712028.jpg
[/IMG]

vintage_jayhawk

One of the Regulars
Claireg -- You look very adorable and that case just completes your look!
:eek:fftopic: My grandma has that exact same case in baby blue. I drool over it and the matching suitcase and she just laughes. These old things?? she says...:)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a set for you, Vintage JayHawk!

It's a makeup case and a tiny suitcase (briefcase size), in light blue Samsonite!

I will take a pic and send it later.

Also, I just ran across this dealer on Etsy (nineteenOthree) who takes sad battered old cases, recovers them in vintage wall paper and restores them - they look swell!

UmmBatul

New in Town
510%2BhBmZ6WL._AA260_.jpg

I use a caboodles case. I think I got it for around 15 dollars on sale at Target. It's a little small, but it fits all of my make-up. I'm thinking of getting another for my hair things.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
UmmBatul said:
I use a caboodles case. I think I got it for around 15 dollars on sale at Target. It's a little small, but it fits all of my make-up. I'm thinking of getting another for my hair things.

I have a clear one of those, though it has no compartments. It opens just like a little treasure chest. I've seen cute ones like yours at Wally World - I need one because my stuff is not organized!
I think I actually got aforementioned case for my 8 or 9th birthday...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff