Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Complaints

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
*martini*time* said:
My cat has a bad habit of lying on freshly washed clothes, in the basket...there is never a time i'm not covered in somekind of fur...at least it's Chanel! (that's my cats name)

That gives me an idea; maybe I'll name my next cats Dior and Givenchy.... ;)

Christy

One of the Regulars
*martini*time* said:
My cat has a bad habit of lying on freshly washed clothes, in the basket...there is never a time i'm not covered in somekind of fur...at least it's Chanel! (that's my cats name)

Hehe, that's cute!

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Perfect set, perfect style - And it's pouring rain outside! Doesn't matter that I am in Eastern Ontario and it's January, it's still raining:rage:

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
MarieAnne said:
Perfect set, perfect style - And it's pouring rain outside! Doesn't matter that I am in Eastern Ontario and it's January, it's still raining:rage:

I know, crazy day wasn't it? At least I could get away without wearing any kind of head covering and not freezing my poor ears. :eusa_clap

That would actually count as a beauty complaint for me. Winter hats. Why go to all the trouble of setting your hair, and then just smoosh a touque on top of it.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Well I've been invited to a little gathering/deer carving. My set is old and my hair is greasy and heavy. My paisley bandana, nowhere to be found.....What's a girl to do?

jsands

New in Town
I usually do a type of victory roll or high set the sides with an alligator clip when I'm sporting a greasy/heavy 'do and need to run out the door for something. Wide headbands are also a great help!

I hate that I will accidentally spill something on myself right before I head out the door. Toothpaste is one of the biggest offenders. No matter how many times I try to wet the spot and blot it clean, it tends to show back up again.

Vintageous

New in Town
[QUOTE =* Martini * time *] sarò d'accordo con lei signore sulla cosa sopracciglia. Io dico sempre che ho ereditato sopracciglio di mio padre! Ho sempre cera loro, ma Tweeze tra cere e posso mai farlo bene! GRR ... il prezzo che paghiamo per guardare fabulous! [/ QUOTE

I hate my beautician when she told me it would be impossible for me to have "Nizza arc" eyebrows! At the moment they're growing more and more and I'm searching for a system to redesign them in 30s dramatic mood...please HELP ME!

MissMeraRose

New in Town
MarieAnne said:

Rain always ruins my planned outfits! The sad thing is, I don't even live in a particularly rainy area.

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
I just wish I could figure out what the hell I want to do with my hair. I think I should shave my head and use wigs. I had basically a middy for ages, but the thing is, even though I would set my hair every other night, I just hated that I had a haircut that made ever having straight hair unacceptable. It was just so ugly without the curls.

So now I have it in a 20s bob, and although I really love it, I do miss the curls. :rolleyes: I can't master finger waving on myself so I don't think I can do the waved bob thing successfully, but now I feel all wrong wearing my 30s and 40s style clothing with my 20s hair. [huh]

Hestia

Familiar Face
ScotchWhisky said:
I just wish I could figure out what the hell I want to do with my hair. I think I should shave my head and use wigs...

Here's my beauty complaint- my head is too big for off-the-rack wigs! So I can't even resort to that! I love the idea of being able to have short hair just for a while, but no dice unless I want to shell out real money for a custom size. &%^#! giant melon-head.

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
We have the worst cat hair problem I have ever seen. Everyone who visits constantly complains.
My own hair sheds like crazy and causes the drains and vacuum to clog all the time.
I have never had proper makeup lighting. We've always had cheap crappy lights that throw shadows all over the place and the light in my room now is on the wall, and so low it has to be on the side of my mirror instead of above, resulting in more shadows.
For some reason I'm always forgetting to put on perfume, which is a shame since I don't feel finished without it.
Deciding whether or not to wear a corset lol if I'm going out, then I'll wear one and it feels quite nice. But if I'll be sitting for long periods I find it less comfortable, and sometimes I don't know how the day is going to go.
Chipping nail polish drives me nuts, pretty soon I'm going to start getting this gel-nail polish stuff so it will stay put.
Curling my hair is a pain, and since I'm a night owl and chronic procrastinator I often don't finish until 3am. This is going to be a huge problem when I start 7am shifts next month.
And I have a huge case of "the grass is greener on the other side." No matter how much I like my hair I always still wish I could cut and dye it like somebody else!
And... wow I'm a big complainer aren't I? ... shoes hate me. Pretty much all of them. I'm not comfortable in anything but my moccassin style boots, runners, and my flat casual sandals, and even then I'll eventually get blisters. NONE of these are even remotely pretty, and I've spent many summers almost always barefoot. My husband bought me some Fast Flats the other night and even the bit of elastic on the back seemed to poke into my skin! AHHH!!! I can't win!!

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Familiar Face
And... wow I'm a big complainer aren't I? ... shoes hate me. Pretty much all of them. I'm not comfortable in anything but my moccassin style boots, runners, and my flat casual sandals, and even then I'll eventually get blisters. NONE of these are even remotely pretty, and I've spent many summers almost always barefoot. My husband bought me some Fast Flats the other night and even the bit of elastic on the back seemed to poke into my skin! AHHH!!! I can't win!!

I feel your shoe pain! Although my problem is due to the sizing. I never had an issue buying shoes before back home, but over here, shoe shopping (which I used to love) has become an absolute nightmare. The problem for me, is that as far as UK sizes go, I would need a 4.5... but most stores no longer do the half sizes. A size 4 is most times just too small and the 5 is far too big, so I can't win and either option is uncomfortable.

On many nights out I have just given in, taken them off and walked home barefoot... and 'Lysol'-ed my feet afterwards, obviously. :lol:

Tatum

Practically Family
My eyebrows. It doesn't matter what I do, I can never get them right. Too dark, too light, not straight, not matching...
Not to mention that rosacea is evil. Good grief, I would love to be able to just brush on some powder and feel like I could go out in public without looking sunburned on my cheeks and nose only.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
It seems that most of us share beauty pet hates! I thought it was just me!

My list.....
*Eyeliner smudging from my lash line to my lid. I've got stupid eyelids that are too "loose"!
*Getting eyeliner on each eye to match up.
*Chipping nail varnish. I don't care what it says on the bottle - if I wear it it chips within hours, sometimes minutes.
*Trimming the Betty Bangs. Always end up cutting too much off because I go wonky on one side and by the time I even it out, the other side is wonky too!

Sometimes I wish I didn't care. I see girls round my way out in their pyjamas and dressing gowns with scraped back hair and no make-up and.......no, hang on....I would never go that far!

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Straight straight straight hair. Every type of curl I've ever tried falls out in a matter of hours, if not minutes. Doesn't matter if it's freshly clean or days old with left over product, wet, dry, hot, cold. I love curls, but my hair hates them.

dmoran227

Familiar Face
My complaint? Trying to find a shampoo that won't irritate my terribly, terribly fussy and sensitive scalp.

I have tried so many, only to end up with a red, sore, itchy, scaly scalp and then a bottle of shampoo I can't use.

Also lately my hair has decided to get really greasy for some reason so I have to wash it more often, as if I don't, my scalp problems get worse.

This has been going on for about 20 years now! Gimme a break!

Have you ever tried a shampoo bar? All shampoos are detergent based even the sulphate-ones. Maybe your scalp is just highly sensitive to detergent in general. A shampoo bar being basically a glorified superfatted soap, made with oils and herbs beneficial to hair and scalp health is an entirely different animal. Of course since they are alkaline you'll need to do an acidic rinse of some sort(most use apple cider vinegar) This is what the old fashioned creme rinses were just a creamy acidic lotion to neutralize hair ph level. Chagrain Valley has some very well made ones and a devoted following. I see them at health stores as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner