Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beck Leather Motorcycle Jacket, woman's small (I think), see measurements below. $250

Chappy

New in Town
I recently purchased a Triumph, T100C and this jacket came with the sale. The story is the bike was ridden by a woman who was girlfriend of a motorcycle club/gang member. There is a nice patina on this 1960's jacket. All closures work. Some wear on shoulders and collar in keeping with a vintage, worn jacket. $250. OBO
IMG_4235.jpeg
IMG_4236.jpeg
IMG_4237.jpeg
IMG_4238.jpeg
IMG_4239.jpeg
IMG_4240.jpeg
IMG_4241.jpeg
IMG_4242.jpeg

Jacket Measurements below. (The original tag with the size which is in one packet has been removed so please consider the following):

Shoulder to Shoulder: 18.5 inches

Shoulder to end of cuff: 24.5 inches

Pit to Pit: 21 inches

Back Collar to hem on back: 20.5 inches

Back collar to end of jacked on back: 26 inches

Edward

Bartender
Men's jacket, in a small size (unsurprising, if it was worn by a lady originally). As a rule, jackets of this style cut for a woman originally would be zipped to the other side, i.e. right over left, not left over right as on the men's jackets. Basically a mirror image of the men's appearance (potentially with other alterations in pattern to suit a female body). That said, it's far from uncommon to see ladies wearing men's jackets, particularly pre-1980s in my experience. Joan Jett's Schotts were always men's models, as memory serves.

Looks like a nice jacket; GLWS.

Chappy

New in Town
Thanks Edward. OK, I've got this wrong - so it is a men's jacket in a small size. I know it came from woman's wardrobe, and I should have considered the zipper as a give away. I appreciate the correction!

Edward

Bartender
Thanks Edward. OK, I've got this wrong - so it is a men's jacket in a small size. I know it came from woman's wardrobe, and I should have considered the zipper as a give away. I appreciate the correction!

No worries! Hopefully somebody of any gender will jump on this, it's a nice looking jacket!" :)

Damon141

Practically Family
Men's jacket, in a small size (unsurprising, if it was worn by a lady originally). As a rule, jackets of this style cut for a woman originally would be zipped to the other side, i.e. right over left, not left over right as on the men's jackets. Basically a mirror image of the men's appearance (potentially with other alterations in pattern to suit a female body). That said, it's far from uncommon to see ladies wearing men's jackets, particularly pre-1980s in my experience. Joan Jett's Schotts were always men's models, as memory serves.

Looks like a nice jacket; GLWS.
Interesting, I did not know that.

I’ve also seen a few woman’s jacket where the brand takes a style from their catalog and adds a couple of internal stitched lines which I assumed were added for the bust. But not sure

Edward

Bartender
Interesting, I did not know that.

I’ve also seen a few woman’s jacket where the brand takes a style from their catalog and adds a couple of internal stitched lines which I assumed were added for the bust. But not sure

Yeah, darts added to deal with the additional curves of the female body are not unusual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto