Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Been busy buying..

mikepara

Practically Family
I know its warm now but.... I live in Scotland so bought this. Hasn't arrived yet but I'm eager.

Near unissued, knee-length khaki canvas overcoat has fleece shawl collar, double-breasted front closure with large brown composition buttons, khaki canvas wide waistbelt, and two inset front pockets. Interior has very nice white fleece lining and is well marked near the end of the skirt with "C" / BroadArrow proof, "SIZE 42 / L 47", and maker "S.S. HOLDEN LTD. / 1943". Nice.

V29905-1.jpg

V29905-2.jpg

mikepara

Practically Family
Seems no one likes my Jacket / Coat..

...Shame loads of people looking but no comments. I Suppose if you liked it you'd say. If you didn't like it, its always easier to just not comment than by slating it and potentially hurting me.

Anyhow I love it regardless and can't wait to have it.
But in future please comment. For good or bad be honest with your comments. If its a crock tell me why? I won't hold neg critisism against anyone.

Feraud

Bartender
mikepara said:
...Shame loads of people looking but no comments. I Suppose if you liked it you'd say. If you didn't like it, its always easier to just not comment than by slating it and potentially hurting me.

Anyhow I love it regardless and can't wait to have it.
But in future please comment. For good or bad be honest with your comments. If its a crock tell me why? I won't hold neg critisism against anyone.
Don't take it personally if no one comments.
Some folks might not have anything to say....

mikepara

Practically Family
Feraud said:
Don't take it personally if no one comments.
Some folks might not have anything to say....

Yeah I suppose, I should know better. However as I would expect some no comments.

Some threads are full of all sorts of praise, critisism or even off topic throw away comments that it seems strange that over a 100 people can view an item without any thoughts on it. Even if it is "I wouldn't be seen dead in that ".

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
mikepara said:
Yeah I suppose, I should know better. However as I would expect some no comments.

Some threads are full of all sorts of praise, critisism or even off topic throw away comments that it seems strange that over a 100 people can view an item without any thoughts on it. Even if it is "I wouldn't be seen dead in that ".
You know, Mike, you never know what is going to take off around here. I have seen posts that I thought wouldn't get commented on, go for four pages and others I thought were interesting had nary a post. You just never know why and you can't take it to heart.

As for your coat, I like it, but I would need to see it on. It certainly looks warm. It is a lot of coat and would probably look best on a bigger person who has the stature to make that bold collar, wide belt, and contrasting buttons look strong.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Favorable...

Now there is a jacket with some heft to it. Looks to be in jim dandy condition too. Can't wait to see pictures of it in action in the Scottish Highlands. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it and what did is cost? Very warm looking, should turn out a good north wind and rain. Congrats!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Coat

Mike,

I wouldn't assume that 'no comment' means non-approval. If just for the condition alone, that's an exceptional coat. I'd love to have it myself. I used to have a British war-time dispatch rider's coat that's rather similar. I used to wear it a lot in Winter. You know it's Canadian, I suppose?

Alan

Baggers

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones said:
You know, Mike, you never know what is going to take off around here. I have seen posts that I thought wouldn't get commented on, go for four pages and others I thought were interesting had nary a post. You just never know why and you can't take it to heart.

Then there are the threads started that seem to stop dead in their tracks after a couple of posts -- "Latest J. Peterman Offering" comes to mind, but maybe I'm a buzz killer whenever I jump in. Let's see what happens to this one now! lol

Great coat by the way. I'd love to have one like it, but there's barely enough cold weather where I live to warrant pulling on my Irvin!

Cheers!

mikepara

Practically Family
Haha

just the old addage don't write to forums when you've only had 2 hours sleep in as many days. Brain addled thats all.

I finally got it it is superb and I'm so happy with it. Once I've gotten the creases out I'll [briefly..phew!] wear it for some snaps.

I knew it was Canadian when I got it from the net and it cost me $265 [£139] inc shipping. Not bad I think for a New coat.

I'm a bit gutted cos I used to have a WW2 RCAF Muskrat fur Officers hat but sold it for peanuts cos I had nothing to wear it with!

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
And here I thought I was the thread killer! I once posted a question about altering the sleeve length on my jacket, and heard crickets for days. I thought perhaps I had offended everyone and was being ignored!

In any case, Mike, that's a sweet jacket. I'd lose ten pounds an hour if I tried to wear that here, though! Probably an advisable piece of gear at your latitudes, though!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Love it Mike...!

Just caught this thread Mike! Coat reminds me of a WW1 flying coat actually (just needs the angled top map pocket). It's a real beaut that you should be proud to wear this winter! Also, I just have a thing for a good canvas jacket, which that looks like. The collar just sets it off to a tee, what a real beauty!! you must be like the cat that's got the cream. Well Done on bagging it.

frontmanvintage

New in Town
Looks like some sort of military coat which you don't see too many guys here in the states wearing. Other than the wanna be gangster kids who walk into schools shooting. But thats another story.

You coat has good styling with the sheepskin? collar that you can turn up and keep your neck warm and looks in great condition; so if you like it thats all that matters. You'll be toasty warm and who know about the rest of us this winter?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda