Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Being Sold as 1950s Stetson... but... is it?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
So I wonder what part of $99.50 is the economy part of the shipping. Is this his lone attempt to stimulate the economy on his own? Yeah, give this guy a wide berth!

Cheers!

Dan

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I saw this listing. Forget the hat - did you see the seller is charging $99.50 to ship???!!!:eeek: The guy even has the nerve to say this about the shipping price: "Shipping: I will ship to the lower 48 states. I will use USPS unless otherwise specified. The shipping fee is the shipping fee - if you don't like it, please don't bid on my item." I think that's excellent advice! Don't bid on it. He has only 3 feedbacks as a seller and all of those occurred within the last 30-days.
Right on, Lily!

troy

One of the Regulars
I'm a part time / sometimes seller on ebay, and I try to make sure customer service comes first. Sometime a potential bidder has more information than I do about a particular item, and I thank them for that.

That being said that guy is guilty of fee circumvention, which is a major violation against ebay directly. If a number of people were to report his items, maybe something will be done. I just went down the list 9 out of 10 I think, that fountain thing I couldn't be sure of.

All of this is not to mention anything about him being a real jerk, which he sure is.

troy

One of the Regulars
Report those items - I did. They are clearly in violation of ebay's policies, and these particular violations cheat eaby out of some of their money, and they do not appreciate that!

blixa00

One of the Regulars
I hope you have LOTS of free time then...I think there are TONS of violations to follow up on!!

martinsantos

Practically Family
That guy is absolutely crazy!

I just imagine if, "in person", not by the computer, that guy would be so agressive. If yes, he would be dangerous. But usually this kind of guy just write what they would like to be - not a word is true. Uses the computer as a second personality. Anyway, just crazy.

Well, with this jerk, the hits just keep coming. His latest reply to me was one of the most cretinous I've ever received from an ebay seller. I have reported him as a liar and a thief to ebay. It's up to them to take action now.

But since someone else posted the jerk's ebay listing (I did not post his auction link because I did not want to be accused here of attacking this guy personally), I think you guys will really enjoy this creep's correspondence.

Here was my first email to him:

Now, I thought it was even tempered and not accusatory. Here is how he replied to my request for a few more photos of the item:

Sheese. What an ass.

This time I did not try to be as diplomatic.

And now he really loses his tiny, criminal mind (This is actually pretty funny with how much of a jerk this guy is):

Wow, just wow. This guy is unhinged.

Hope you enjoyed that one, guys. And I also hope that every Lounger stays away from this distempered liar.

Last edited:

blixa00

One of the Regulars
Report this "gentleman" to Ebay immediately...he must be off his meds and there may be an asylum somewhere in his area looking for their escaped mental patient!! Seriously though he has made personal threats via e-mail...a quick report to Ebay should shut him down VERY quickly.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I hope you have LOTS of free time then...I think there are TONS of violations to follow up on!!

No kidding. There's so much evil out there that needs reporting. I saw a guy selling a sweater that he says is in "mint" condition, though I can't see it being rated better than "good". Whippets that aren't Whippets, Open Roads that clearly aren't, and the bastardization of the word "vintage" have inspired my vigilance and dedication to taking back our internet. If the FCC isn't going to do its job, and ebay doesn't seem to care about its own policies, then I guess we're going to need to impose a little order in the world.

Fortunately, my hero is already taking care of business on Craigslist.

My only fear is that this will begin to spread to the "real world", and the goods I buy from "real" stores might not live up to the claims they make. For now, I know that the word "quality" means something, and "Made in China" means that the good, hardworking people of a far-off land have put their hearts and souls into making the sturdy goods that I rely upon in my daily life. I dread the day that changes.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
LOL

I just saw a leather hat that some guy made and is selling as a kitch item on ebay. He's selling it as a "Stetson." This guy made this hat in his basement. It has NOTHING to do with Stetson!

On a brighter note, I confronted someone that had "Stetson" in their auction title when they were selling a fedora made by another maker (in this case it was a store brand not a name brand). I convinced him to remove Stetson from the auction via my comments to him in the questions section. One tiny victory for truth in advertising.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
LOL

I just saw a leather hat that some guy made and is selling as a kitch item on ebay. He's selling it as a "Stetson." This guy made this hat in his basement. It has NOTHING to do with Stetson!

On a brighter note, I confronted someone that had "Stetson" in their auction title when they were selling a fedora made by another maker (in this case it was a store brand not a name brand). I convinced him to remove Stetson from the auction via my comments to him in the questions section. One tiny victory for truth in advertising.

Right on. Score one for the good guys.
I'm going out right now to confront some people who have items for sale that I have no interest in buying.
They're about to have a pretty bad day at Toys R Us.

troy

One of the Regulars
As a regular ebay buyer and seller, it is my responsibility to alert them to fraudulent sellers. I have to follow the rules, and I want others to follow the rules as well.

That guy has some new items up today, which I have just reported as well. I encourage ebayers to check this guys stuff frequently and report him for fee circumvention via excessive shipping and handling.

Sorry if you think it's petty Lefty, but if I'm not part of the solution, then I'm part of the problem.

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Sorry if you think it's petty Lefty, but if I'm not part of the solution, then I'm part of the problem.

I personally don't think it's Lefty - this guy is trying to screw Ebay and the customer. I have reported him also and will do so daily until action is taken against this type of lister.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You try to tell people,
Don%E2%80%99t-Hate-The-Player-Hate-The-Game.jpg

but everyone wants to stick their nose in it.

What are you going to do?
haters-gonna-hate-gay-batman.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo