Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Being Sold as 1950s Stetson... but... is it?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
LOL

I just saw a leather hat that some guy made and is selling as a kitch item on ebay. He's selling it as a "Stetson." This guy made this hat in his basement. It has NOTHING to do with Stetson!

On a brighter note, I confronted someone that had "Stetson" in their auction title when they were selling a fedora made by another maker (in this case it was a store brand not a name brand). I convinced him to remove Stetson from the auction via my comments to him in the questions section. One tiny victory for truth in advertising.

When you are done cleaning up ebay.com you can start on ebay.fr where every soft felt hat with a brim is called a Borsalino....:rolleyes:

And the Steson Corp. legal team may have work too. They guard the trademark so zealously that they had their lawyers insist that another hat company print Stetson Style on special order hats so that they could sue them(they lost as usual).

Last edited:

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Ha, ha. Exactly right rlk! Everything on ebay is a "Stetson."

As to the foreign ebays, those are sources I have never tried to use. To tell the truth, I can't afford the American ebay much less adding other ebays to the mix!
:)

troy

One of the Regulars
Lefty - very nice!! I didn't mean any disrespect, I hope it didn't come across that way. I'm really very easy to get along with. At least I am with people who aren't charging 500 bucks to ship a watch!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
5362870120_00c73bab20_b.jpg

Shipping 9,999.00 Euros over $13,000.00

Probably a typo for 99,00 Euro

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo