Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belstaff Trialmaster waxed motorcycle jacket, Driza-Bone made

VintageWriting

New in Town
Vintage Belstaff Trialmaster, made in Australia by its sister company, Driza-Bone. Heavy waxed cotton, black. Corduroy collar and cuffs. Belted. Cotton lining. Footballs under arms with ventilated grommets. Diamond quilted padding at shoulders and elbows. I like it better than the modern Trialmaster, and maybe even better than the very similar Barbour International.

Some good honest wear, some dirt, but no rips. Not sure of age. I bought it from a local motorcycle guy here in Asheville, NC, on Craigslist, cause I couldn't resist it, even though it's way too small for me.

Size is 100cm, about a 40 (but these UK sizes are small by US standards). Chest, pit to pit, 23 inches; shoulder, across back, 18 inches; length, bottom of collar to bottom of jacket, in back, 29 1/2 inches; sleeve length, shoulder seam to sleeve bottom, 25 1/4 inches.

$200, including shipping within US.

trial1.jpg

trial2.jpg

trial3.jpg

trial4.jpg

trial8.jpg

trial9.jpg

trial10.jpg

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
Man what a sweet looking jacket. If I had the $200 I'd buy it. Are these things hard to come by? In the next couple months I will probably be in the market for a new riding jacket and I have never seen one of these things before.

VintageWriting

New in Town
Man what a sweet looking jacket. If I had the $200 I'd buy it. Are these things hard to come by? In the next couple months I will probably be in the market for a new riding jacket and I have never seen one of these things before.

Not sure how common they are. Possibly more often found in Australia, where Driza-Bone had the arrangement with Belstaff to make the Trialmaster. The two companies were apparently under common ownership at one time, before Belstaff became Italian.

balou2

New in Town
Well, I couldn't get but HALF my torso in that thing, but I'll say this...they just don't make'em like that anymore. The cut and look actually says something, opposed to what you see today. Nice.

Photoss

New in Town
I used to own an earlier version of this jacket, it didn't fit me well so I sold it, but it was sturdy and of excellent quality. If alaskan7 didn't buy it, someone jump on this!

james Hunter

New in Town
Hi, sorry to come late to the thread but I am the Sales Manager for Driza-Bone Australia and if the jacket is not already spoken for we'd love to take it. We are looking for similar vintage Driza-Bone jackets with a story from around the globe to feature in an upcoming publication so get in touch.
We do a modern version of this jacket, the Jacana, made here in Australia in the same factory your jacket was made and we'd be happy to throw one in your size into the deal. Cheers

VintageWriting

New in Town
Hi, sorry to come late to the thread but I am the Sales Manager for Driza-Bone Australia and if the jacket is not already spoken for we'd love to take it. We are looking for similar vintage Driza-Bone jackets with a story from around the globe to feature in an upcoming publication so get in touch.
We do a modern version of this jacket, the Jacana, made here in Australia in the same factory your jacket was made and we'd be happy to throw one in your size into the deal. Cheers

Thanks for the message. Alaskan7 did buy the jacket, and he should have it how or it should be arriving soon. As glad as I am that it found an appreciative home, I don't think Alaskan7 will mind my saying that I wish I'd have been able to take advantage of your offer! A Driza-Bone Trialmaster that actually fits would be a treat! Anyway, you might want to contact him.

Your project sounds fascinating and I sure look forward to seeing the resulting publication one day, even if I was not able to take a part in it. Cheers.

james Hunter

New in Town
Your project sounds fascinating and I sure look forward to seeing the resulting publication one day, even if I was not able to take a part in it. Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for getting back to me. The search continues for the meantime and I will post as we publish.

dwphipps

New in Town
I have one of these for sale...

I happen to have one of these jackets in truly excellent condition with no rips, tears or marks. All studs are present and correct with original manufacturing labels and badges on both arms. It is marked up as XL / 120 cms. Selling as it it a bit too big for me. If anyone is interested then drop me a line and I can forward on some pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo