Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belstaff War of Worlds Hero Jacket Sizing Help Needed

kenadams

New in Town
Is there any Belstaff Hero WOWs jacket that you guys think will fit me. I outgrew my Belstaff WOW Bison Winter XL that was awesome. Do you guys think a XXXL Bison would fit me or summer style would be better. Ideally I want the thicker winter jacket like my previous one but I have heard the summer style jackets have more room???? Or do I need to look at other brands?

I'm 6'4 and these jackets seem to run short too. 225 lbs. I measured a good fitting jacket I have and these are the dimensions of it.

Pit to Pit = 24 inches
Shoulder seam to sleeve end = 26.5 inches
Shoulder to Shoulder = 22 inches
Top to bottom (from collar top to end) = 30 inches

I would appreciate any help. Thank you for your help.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Your posted measurements indicate a size 44 in many instances, although measurements are better to go by than labeled sizes, since sizes vary between makers and between patterns.

I'm not a fan of Belstaff gear but you are describing a cafe racer style jacket - one of the most common leather jacket styles made.

A nicer fitting, better made and genuine cafe racer jacket by, for instance, Vanson might be a better choice (of course this is opinion only :D) Or you could pay a lot more and get a custom artisan-craft cafe racer from a range of makers.

Model B House Version

vanson_house_1.jpg

If you are after a cafe racer jacket 30 inches would seem to me to be too long. 27-28 might be better at your height. A cafe racer generally sits just over your belt line not inches below it. A shoulder width of 22 inches seems fairly wide too.

Last edited:
Is there any Belstaff Hero WOWs jacket that you guys think will fit me. I outgrew my Belstaff WOW Bison Winter XL that was awesome. Do you guys think a XXXL Bison would fit me or summer style would be better. Ideally I want the thicker winter jacket like my previous one but I have heard the summer style jackets have more room???? Or do I need to look at other brands?

I'm 6'4 and these jackets seem to run short too. 225 lbs. I measured a good fitting jacket I have and these are the dimensions of it.

Pit to Pit = 24 inches
Shoulder seam to sleeve end = 26.5 inches
Shoulder to Shoulder = 22 inches
Top to bottom (from collar top to end) = 30 inches

I would appreciate any help. Thank you for your help.

I've spent two years trying to figure out Belstaff WotW sizing and never have but according to most charts, for a 24" P2P, you'd really need the largest one there is. I used to be a 42 back then and everyone was recommending an XXL and according to the P2P which was like 21.5" or something ridiculous like that, it seemed just about right.

But good luck trying to find one nowadays. Plus, I'd avoid the summer version which is the only one I've handled as it's like paper-thin and so light and flimsy I personally wouldn't dare to wear it. It was seriously one of the lightest leather jackets I've seen. Didn't even drape well.

But listen, a year ago, I've spoken at lengths with Alan of Johnson Leathers about having them make me a repro and he absolutely convinced me they can do it perfectly, only in an actually good leather (was thinking heavy brown Horween CXL) and by their quality standards which surpasses Belstaff by a long mile. I still plan on to go thru with it (once I win the lottery). Anyway, why not ask them about it?

Best part is that it would still cost you less than what most eBay sellers ask for their Belstaff Hero jackets.

Edward

Bartender
Belstaff still make great jackets in their dedicated motorcycling line, but their mainline fashion jackets tend to be very light - which is, of course, what miuch of the mainstream fashion market wants. Few if any of these will ever see wear on the back of a motorcycle. Couse, if that's what the OP wants, unless you're determind to buy the "official" product, Wested might also be a cheaper option for something in that vein.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points