Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

ginny

Familiar Face
RetroModelSari said:
That mascara-case looks adorable!!!

I have another macara though that is still like it was in the 30s: http://www.labellanussy.com/english/classic.php

It comes in a case with a piece of paper, a little metal tube containing the paste to apply it to and a little brush that you use to put it on. And it smells like bee wax! Delicous! No cake though, but I LOVE it. It was the worlds first water-proof mascara.

Oh, now I want to buy that! How cool! Is the brush, paper, and tube of mascara inside that cylinder? Something like this?

LaFemmecreammascara.jpg

Edited to add: I'm in trouble, it seems they will ship that La Bella mascara to the U.S. I can't imagine the shipping costs, though...

Blondie

Practically Family
Ginny, that mascara looks GREAT !!!!!!
I am such a sucker for cute packaging..........
Maybe ask them if they have someone who sells in the USA ?

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Yes Ginny, it looks like the one you displayed inside, however the thing to apply it is no real brush like in the pic. It looks like the modern-day applying thingies, just way way shorter. Actually so short that I worried I´d get it on after all - but it works :)

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Update

Ladies

I just received this email from Besame providing more detail...

Thank you for your e-mail. Rest assured that your favorite Besame products will not go away. We are in the process of clearing out our inventory of the current packaging for these products. The shadows will be back in new molded containers and the moisturizer will also return.
The only changes in formulations are to make them safer and cleaner for you. We are removing talc and parabens, using natural alternatives. The colors and textures will remain the same, with the addition of wonderful new shades.

All these changes will take some time, that is why we are giving our customers time to stock up on your favorites while we re-tool the existing line.

We are making Besame better, while still maintaining all the reasons you love it now.

Thank you again for your thoughts. I am always listening to your suggestions.

Sincerely,

Gabriela Hernandez
Besame Cosmetics Inc.

Honey Doll

Rock´n´Rose

New in Town
That sounds good.
But will the Bisque foundation also return?

If just ordered 2 of them at our German online-shop last week. They just have it in stock!

ginny

Familiar Face
Honey Doll said:
Ladies

I just received this email from Besame providing more detail...

Thank you for your e-mail. Rest assured that your favorite Besame products will not go away. We are in the process of clearing out our inventory of the current packaging for these products. The shadows will be back in new molded containers and the moisturizer will also return.
The only changes in formulations are to make them safer and cleaner for you. We are removing talc and parabens, using natural alternatives. The colors and textures will remain the same, with the addition of wonderful new shades.

All these changes will take some time, that is why we are giving our customers time to stock up on your favorites while we re-tool the existing line.

We are making Besame better, while still maintaining all the reasons you love it now.

Thank you again for your thoughts. I am always listening to your suggestions.

Sincerely,

Gabriela Hernandez
Besame Cosmetics Inc.

Honey Doll

YAY!!!!!!:eusa_clap

I am so glad to hear this! Made my day, thanks for emailing and getting a straight answer.

Now, I will be impatiently waiting for the new line. (where's the impatient, foot-tapping smilie?)

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Another happy lounger here! I think the packaging is beautiful as it is, but no doubt it'll be even better after the 're-tooling'. I just hope it isn't modernized to give it wider appeal. The vintage packaging is the main appeal for me, although I do consider it a very high quality product regardless. Ooh I'm all excited now!

ginny

Familiar Face
For anyone interested, Besame just sent out an email last night with exactly the same info that Honey Doll posted. AND, in addition, they are selling the Satin Rolls that the brush sets used to come in (no brushes, :( )for $8 each. Also, they are selling the puffs for the rouge, pressed powder, and loose powder for $1 each.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
A beef about Besame shipping prices!!!

I thought I would take advantage of Besame's clearance and went to order some eyeshadow. The eyeshadow is $10. Imagine my shock when I found out that the shipping for 1 eyeshadow was $9.77 UPS Ground--the usual Priority Mail shipping is not even offered anymore. I could FedEx it overnight for a whopping $47.89!!! It appears that USPS Priority Mail is only available for Alaska and Hawaii. Needless to say, I WILL NOT be taking advantage of their closeouts. Grrrrrrr!:rage:

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I tracked the shipping and the items are at the customs right now... I guess that means a parcel will wait at home when I come back form the hairstylist.... *double-vintage-hip-hip-hooray*

I just hope John will be at home when it arrives!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Oh my, the eyeshadows and rouges are just so yummy! I just received my package. I love the shades too, although the pistachio was a tad darker than I expected, but very nice anyway. I shall take pictures when I wear it so the ladies who haven't tried the shades yet can see them.

The Red Hot Red lipstick shade is just a perfect red for me. At first glance, it is very very similar to MAC's Russian Red but when I wore it, it just looked much better on me that Russian Red, it looked lighter, more sheer and natural, not as heavy as Russian Red. I also think it is a bit more orange rather than having a little pink hint to it, as Russian Red tends to have on me personally.

The powder compact was smaller than I had imagined. I was prepared for their makeup to be small, but the compact is almost as small as the shadows.

Dani California

Familiar Face
JazzBaby said:
Another happy lounger here! I think the packaging is beautiful as it is, but no doubt it'll be even better after the 're-tooling'. I just hope it isn't modernized to give it wider appeal. The vintage packaging is the main appeal for me, although I do consider it a very high quality product regardless. Ooh I'm all excited now!

I totally agree! I always get "ooooohs" and "awwwws" when girls see my makeup. I love her packaging....really really hope that doesn't change!

ginny

Familiar Face
Just a heads up: Besame is now d/c'ing all lipstick shades EXCEPT the reds. The neutral and pink sets are now $55, and the individual neutral and pink shades are $12 each.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I agree that the pressed powder is super-tiny even for Besame standards (I stocked up with 3 refills fortunetly ;) )

I´d love to buy Carmine-red lipstick, however the shipping osts are way too high for getting me a third Bésame parcel (I expect a second one with the Satin roll and exra puffs)

RicFanRat

New in Town
My first post!

How are their neutral lipsticks? I am particularly interested in the champagne or gold lame colors, but can't really find any reviews on them.

Or how about chocolate kiss or dusty rose?

I'd love to order some now that they are on sale, but it so hard to buy lipstick sight unseen.

ginny

Familiar Face
I like the Dusty Rose, it's a nice mauve-y color. I've never been brave enough to wear red, but I'm likely going to buy the Merlot since it's being d/c'd, too. It sounds like a less "red" red that I might be able to ease into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy