Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Right now on the Besame site, the Voluptuous Color lip sets are marked down to $20, normally $35. The set comes with a lipstick, matching lip pencil, and lip brush. Only 2 colors left - Rapture Rose and Champagne.

Also if you order at least 1 of the sets, you can get free shipping on your entire order with code "VSET" - good through the next 72 hours.

I ordered a set in Rapture Rose.

4kuw5g.jpg

Last edited:

Alice~

One of the Regulars
I just came to share the exact same thing as you, Fortworthgal. :)

If only they shipped to the UK - I paid £35 for my Red Velvet set. $20 is such a steal!

Marla

A-List Customer
I really needed red lipstick while in New York so I got the Besame Red from the vintage shop Dusty Buttons. It's not too different from my MAC lipsticks, but the metal container is more aesthetically pleasing.

absinthewilde

New in Town
Marla, can I ask how much you paid for a lippy at Dusty Buttons? I make frequent trips to NYC and am wondering if I should just pick one up in person rather than buying online if it's not marked up considerably. Did they have any other items from the line?

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Bunny, would you mind sharing your link to that (so I can buy some :D)? I've been sneakily inspecting the Besame site and this thread and I would love to try the violet powder. I googled for the site you mentioned and it's a US site selling it for $22 with no indication of 25% off...

Hello Frenchy56,

I'm so sorry, I've not been in the Lounge for a few weeks. At the moment there is another sale but it ends at midnight! 25% with the code LABOR12. If you get on their mailing list, they seem to have these sales pretty frequently. I hope that this helps!

Red Diabla

One of the Regulars
I was walking around Burbank the other day and noticed that Besame now has a storefront on Magnolia Blvd. near a bunch of other vintage shops and stores. I don't know if they moved from their other location or if they're expanding, but I'm excited to be able to check out their products before buying!

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Hi Red Dahlia, they moved to that location a little bit ago. The other store on Victory is now closed. Did you know they also sell Besame at the Miss L Fire store in Hollywood too? That store is a bank account killer...Miss L Fire shoes, Besame, Freddies of Pinewood, Classic Hardware, Bernie Dexter and other really cute things.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I just began to apply a Besame lipstick I bought a few years ago and it is RANCID! I've never had that happen to a lipstick. It has been stored in a cool, dry place.

Alice~

One of the Regulars
Besame Cosmetics will no longer be supplying their stockists in the UK. Sephora do ship to the UK, but you only reach the flat rate shipping of £6 on orders over £75/$106ish. It's a real shame... trying to find a good alternative to my beloved Cherry Red before I run out!

AnyaLynn

New in Town
I just ordered Red Velvet Lipstick and the new 1941 Victory Red Lipstick today - I can't wait for it to come in the mail. I may have bought a bunch of other Besame products as well...had to get free shipping, right? :D

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
If anyone needs an excuse to order some Besame (teehee!), they have an anniversary pack with Victory lipstick AND nail polish, as well as the V for Victory pin! I just ordered mine today and I am super excited.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
Ooh! I have that set and it is fully worth the price. The Victory Red lipstick ended up not working on me- I'm a bit too olive tone for it- so I sent it to a friend who can't afford to buy Besame on her very tight budget while caring for her kids and a foster kid. But I kept the nail polish because it can't be sent in the mail, and I love the pin.

Besame lipsticks are my favorite now. Right now I have 1959 Red Hot Red (Agent Carter Set), 1946 Red Velvet (I have two of those because it's my favorite, and one is from the Agent Carter set), 1922 Blood Red, 1930 Noir Red, 1969 Dusty Rose (Agent Carter set, and it matches my natural lip pigment) , and Debutante Berry Red Sheer which is perfect for natural look days. There are more I want, it's ridiculous. I've never owned so many lipsticks at once in my life. Viva la Besame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto