Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Eek! I just placed an order. I spent entirely more than I should have but I'm sure it will be worth it. I've been wanting to try Besame for ages and this seems like a good time. I'll post pics when it arrives :D

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
I just ordered the Souffle Foundation in Bisque, the Boudoir Rouge in Crimson, and a refill for my Cashmere Powder Compact in Light.

I've used the Bisque foundation before and liked it but I've been using drug/discount store cosmetics for a while now due to being on a tighter budget. I'm looking forward to trying the Crimson shade of the Boudoir Rouge. I ran out of powder in my Cashmere Powder Compact a long time ago so it will be nice to finally refill it.

The Souffle Foundation at only $10 is less expensive than the drugstore foundation I've been using and the rouge at $10 and powder compact refill at $9 are comparable to drugstore prices as well so I figured there was no reason not to purchase the Besame.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
The scuttlebutt on the interwebz is that Besame is doing away with their 1940's inspired packaging and formulas. I don't believe it but I can't find information to corroborate either side of the rumours.

Anyone have information? If they are introducing new colors and formulas.. honestly how can they improve on an already amazing line of products?

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
I made a purchase last evening and again today. :eek:

I am caught up in all the PANIC!! :eek:

I love Besame and have been wearing it for about a year and a half now. I wish their great products were not going away :( I would like to think that they will stay with the 40s packaging and colors, along with the great quality.

Who knows...[huh]

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
I really hope it isn't true that they are revamping and getting rid of the "vintage" packaging and going modern. Especially since the founder stated in the beginning that the line was created to celebrate old fashioned glamour. :(

I guess we will just have to wait and see and enjoy the bargains while they last!

Also, they are still including the catalog with their orders, which doesn't make sense if the line is being revamped.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
RetroQueen said:
I made a purchase last evening and again today. :eek:

I am caught up in all the PANIC!! :eek:

I love Besame and have been wearing it for about a year and a half now. I wish their great products were not going away :( I would like to think that they will stay with the 40s packaging and colors, along with the great quality.

Who knows...[huh]

I wonder if part of moving some product isn't creating a panic among gals like us..

well.......its working!! LOL

Honey Doll

Practically Family
PLEASE EMAIL BESAME

SAVE OUR BESAME!!!!

I got on their website (after placing a mega-order) and left an email with their customer service pleading for them to reconsider doing away with these products.

Why would they want to abandon the retro glam makeup and become just another beauty company. Isn't this what set them apart.

Ladies-- pleasssssse do the same and send them an email!

Honey Doll

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I wonder if part of moving some product isn't creating a panic among gals like us..

well.......its working!! LOL

That thought did cross my mind...I would like to think they are being honest about it...otherwise they risk angering a lot of us who purchased a great deal of their products thinking it would no longer be available.

NoraLoy

New in Town
I'v also heard that they're reformulating and repcakaging some things and coming out with new products.So we'll have to see.

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the updates, ladies!

I recall hearing that they were coming up with some bakelite molds for their products, I thought I missed them but maybe its the new packaging?

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Last year they were advertising as 'coming soon' a lipstick in an Art Deco style case. Maybe we have this to look forward to? *crosses fingers*

PS

A-List Customer
I emailed them last night and received this response this afternoon........

Greetings Steff,

Thank you for your interest and concern in B?©same Cosmetics.

We are shifting the brand focus to core strength: lipsticks. The other parts
of our line are being discontinued to make room for the new full-size
lipstick and other new products.

If you have any current favorites please get them while you can.

No refunds or exchanges on closeout products. We are not able to offer any
refund for previous orders made before the price change.

Please let us know should you have any questions, we are here for you!

Best wishes,

Maria
Customer Service

Shearer

Practically Family
PS said:
I emailed them last night and received this response this afternoon........

Greetings Steff,

Thank you for your interest and concern in B?©same Cosmetics.

We are shifting the brand focus to core strength: lipsticks. The other parts
of our line are being discontinued to make room for the new full-size
lipstick and other new products...

Best wishes,

Maria
Customer Service

I'm really happy to hear they are doing full sized lipsticks at last, but at what cost?! :eek: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo