Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Simmons Bilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Practically Family
I have just finalised my classic bike jacket with Debs. She always responds to my emails the following day between 9 and 10pm. No issues what so ever, professional and friendly service. Wait is around 4-6 weeks.

MRB1248

Familiar Face
I have just finalised my classic bike jacket with Debs. She always responds to my emails the following day between 9 and 10pm. No issues what so ever, professional and friendly service. Wait is around 4-6 weeks.
Best of luck! I hope you have as good an experience as I have had with them.

I agree, I've never had anything but a pleasant experience with Debs and the finished product has always been quite nice.

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Yes they do. They will send you an invoice or you can send direct. There is a slight charge for invoices. It's like 1% of the total I believe.

Wait... how can they charge for an invoice? Why would the emailing of a simple summation of an outstanding balance require a penalty charge?

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
I know they aren't well received round here and I totally get it. But I'd be presenting alternative facts if I said they didn't make a damn fine jacket.;)

Yes, Simmons Bilt is despised by many outerwear enthusiasts here. Perhaps they would be more amenable if the offending party left the company. I don't know how these things work.

Wait... how can they charge for an invoice? Why would the emailing of a simple summation of an outstanding balance require a penalty charge?
An invoice issued thru PayPal, which provides buyer protection costs the seller a percentage of the sale price. Much like a final value fee on eBay.

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Ahhh they make up for their charge from PayPal. Yeah I was confused. Thanks

But yeah, word is they make great jackets and at a good price

Mark

Practically Family
I believe he is too. I did go with SB rather than Aero simply because of price! I totally get why some here find them disagreeable but I feel it a little unfair on the great hard working folks there who are just trying to make a living. The bad guys in jail now so let it go and move on! Well that's my take on it.

The original main bad guy may rightfully be paying his due....But that newest company is still reaping the benefits of stolen patterns from Aero with no remorse or even slightest apology in any way. Only minor changes and yet deliberately attempting to undercut some one else's product. No wonder it can leave a bitter taste for some who were aware and haven't forgotten the history.

Mark

Practically Family
Well maybe so, but aren't most of these patterns decades old and been copied by many makers? I get what you are saying but some how I doubt Aero are suffering from a loss of trade, still a fair waiting time for their jackets I believe. I would add that SB have in fairness to them tweaked a lot of their jackets to put their own stamp on them. I guess we all make our own judgements about these things. I am happy to buy from Aero, SB, BK who ever makes a product I like at a fair price.

Given that Aero was able to recover their stolen wares and vet the stuff in a way that, if anything, made them a stronger company, I think it's just kind of a done deal. I don't have any personal connections to the people who make these things. I do admire their skill and respect them but I am not friends or family to them. They are merchants and I am simply a customer.
I patronize as many of these makers as I can afford to in order to experience their take on this bizarre fetish I have developed over the years.
I fully understand why people would choose not to patronize SB. I wouldn't place a moral judgement on anyone who does. It's just a jacket. And with the way the world is headed it seems that soon we'll only be able to buy stuff produced domestically. That, to me, is a much larger concern.

Well maybe so, but aren't most of these patterns decades old and been copied by many makers? I get what you are saying but some how I doubt Aero are suffering from a loss of trade, still a fair waiting time for their jackets I believe. I would add that SB have in fairness to them tweaked a lot of their jackets to put their own stamp on them. I guess we all make our own judgements about these things. I am happy to buy from Aero, SB, BK who ever makes a product I like at a fair price.

A new company formed only to incorporate many of the 'stolen' blueprints by an Aero 'manager' intent on ruining and also influencing other workers to abandon Aero Leathers for their own security within a new company established to take over.
If the retired Aero owner hadn't stepped up concerning many factors rearing their ugly head, Aero would have been quickly and intentionally defunct. By then attempting to satisfy many Aero customer's complaints and also quickly reorganizing to include new designs, salvation seemed barely 'just in time'.
Alexander/Simmons Bilt main purpose seemed to be to support the underhanded Aero offender with both quite hopeful for the Aero collapse.
To some, who would rather skim over many of the facts, this seems of little matter or concern. As I said before...others involved with Storse, deposit rip offs or other of the many clues to deception all leading to the reveal of just what was really going on, is still and will remain offensive.
HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred