Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Aero original contract A-2?

Aerojoe

Practically Family
The 38-17111 is the closest fitting contract Aero makes but this jacket is also quite short and very high in the armpit. It should only be worn by people who have the suitable physique for this specific pattern, i. e. slim and not too tall. If you are as tall as Ollie is (6 ft. 4 inches/ 194cm) you should order that jacket with at least two inches added to the body length. Due to the close fit in the armpit area this contract is not meant to be worn with much layering. Shirts, Polo shirts or thin single ply merino sweaters are ok but don't even think about a proper woollen sweater...

The 42 contract which is probably Aero's standard pattern is much more roomy and looks best on slightly stockier and heavier individuals. This is not a good starting point if you are slim and want a trim fitting jacket because even if you size down there will be a lot of leather around the waist and the back.

Some more info on the Bronco:

• Very trim and surprisingly long A2 which suits a tall and slim wearer best. Very easy to wear - creates a sharp silhouette. Very good compromise between a close fitting and comfortable jacket.
• Quite long, fairly large and pointed collar with dropping collar tips.
• Pocket flaps cut almost angular without the typical scalloped shape.
• Angled pocket corners, just like on the Navy G1 jacket.
• Epaulettes with characteristic top stitching.

Thanks Jan, very useful piece of info! :)

The Bronco is great. Listen to Jan though - body types are important to try to match a contract on an A-2. What's your specs? Height, weight, etc?

Well, in my case I have somekind of fitness body type, I hit the gym sometimes. My chest circumference is 44" but my shoulders go to 51" and I have no waist at all, just 35" [huh]

The Werber contract and ELC house A-2 are like sacs for me, no shoulders and too much waist.

smoz

One of the Regulars
I received a 42-15142-p from Aero last week (made from seal horse with berry knits), unfortunately it is a little too short for me so it has gone back to them while they make me up a replacement. I can confirm that the fit of them is better suited to someone with a bit of a spare tyre round the midriff (which I have).

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Hi Smoz;

Hi like this contract, thanks for the pics :) but I agree, too short for you :( When I talked to Amanda for the first time I requested custom sizing for my body time and she said it was no problem. Did you give them your measurements?

Last edited:

smoz

One of the Regulars
I did give Amanda my measurements, in fact I already have a Highwayman from them which fits well and is a size 42, Amanda recommended that for an A-2 I should go for a 44 (which I did) but unfortunately it is too short, however the fit at shoulders, waist and sleeves is just right.

When I returned the jacket I requested that the replacement should be two inches longer at the front and an inch longer at the back. Before I returned it I have measured the front of the jacket at the storm flap, from the collar fastener to the bottom is 21 inches/55cm.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I own a few ELC A2s and they are all cut fuller, for some reason. I have some Goodwear jackets, and the Monarch, and Doniger are both slim in the torso/body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn