Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best hairpsray ?

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Ohh thanks for the advice Miss 1929 on getting the hair spray for ethnic hair, sounds wonderful. I currently use semi-cheap Herbal Essences hair spray in the orange container holds well and smells good!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I've been using CHI Helmet Head on a recommendation from the vintage hair community. It has a pretty strong hold, and usually doesn't get crunchy. However, when I over do it (which is not that rare), it flakes, which totally sucks since I have black hair. It makes me look like I have dandruff!

Otherwise, it's pretty good.

Another one I've liked is Shaper G, but it didn't have enough hold for me. I know they have stronger hold ones out there though.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I used to use Tigi's Hard Head when I had a fringe and loved it but decided that it was a bit expensive (£11) so looked for cheaper alternatives. I then used Shockwaves Super Strong for years but now use Tresemmes Freeze Hold. I also carry a mini can of it in my bag which always comes in handy.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I am a tresemme user. I use the firm hold. I used to use all sort of different hair sprays and also used to subscribe to the school of thought that dictates 'expensive is better', but tresemme does me just fine!

Sometimes I wonder what all this hairspray is doing to my lungs...:eusa_doh:

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
I love "Big Sexy" it's in a red bottel with black letters, it's not a bad price and it really lasts a long time, it's not a stif hold but it keeps the curl for hours. i just love it.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I may have posted this before, so sorry if I'm repeating!

My fave at work for years was Sebastian's Shaper Plus.
I also like Graham Webb's Energy Lock.
Paul Mitchell's strong hold finishing spray

And thanks to a suggestion here, I'm loving the Panteen Ice Shine sprays!

I used to use nothing buy Aqua Net in highschool, but I swear they've changed the formula. It does nothing for me now.
Nikki

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
KMS. It's expensive, but it works where others have failed for me. It held up during a very hot summer when Aussie hairspray just wilted. I get it at Ulta salon.

Pinkie

New in Town
I prefer the TRESemme Tres Two extra hold. I spray a bit on after curling my hair and then wait a couple of minutes for it to settle and then brush through it. It's not sticky like other hairsprays can be.

Blondie

Practically Family
I ended up buying the TRESemme Tres Two extra hold yesterday and am pleased with the results, and the price is right too:eusa_clap

Twinkle

Familiar Face
Elnette everytime..... Still has the orginal gold packaging too from the 50's... Holds great, smells great and looks great on the dresser.... :)

loreal-elnett.jpg

magnolia76

One of the Regulars
Sebastian Super hold is great, it holds your hair like glue. If you're looking for more of a firm (but not sticky) hold, go with Redken's #23 Sculpting Spray, and if you just need to lightly hold your hair without looking stiff, Redken's #9 Finishing Spray is fabulous.

I'm new, by the way. Love it here!!

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Twinkle said:
Elnette everytime..... Still has the orginal gold packaging too from the 50's... Holds great, smells great and looks great on the dresser.... :)

loreal-elnett.jpg

That's the same one I use. I've even seen that they do a smaller spray to stick in your handbag

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
I have always liked the aerosol Aussie Scrunch spray, though I think that is mostly due to the fact that I LOVE the scent! [huh]

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Is Elnett available in the Netherlands? Is it a supermarket/drug store brand or can you only find it in beauty supply stores?

I'm going to be living in the Netherlands until May, and I need a new hairspray! I got a Schwarzkopf hairspray at the supermarket, but my hair falls flat in less than an hour -- I'm thinking because the air is so damp here. Any advice on an appropriate (available in Europe and hopefully not too expensive!) hairspray for this sort of weather? I'm from LA, where it's dry, so this is a totally new situation for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters