Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best "hat movie" ever?

Mr E Train

One Too Many
150719541 said:
A Gregory Peck film, I don´t pictures, there are a excellent montecristis.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Agreed. I love this one.

GregoryPeckMockingbird2.jpg

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
Currently my favorite western hat.:)
Crossfire trail

crossfiretrail_pg01.jpg

Cross_080507105837009_wideweb__300x.jpg

Liked that one also, very similar to the one he wore in "Quigley Down Under."
They were showing "Kansas City Confidential" this weekend on TV...lots of great hats!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
My top five favorite "hat movies," are the following:

I. The Godfather (Any of the fedoras or homburgs that Marlon Brando and Al Pacino wear)
II. Raiders of the Lost Ark (Harrison Ford's rugged brown fedora)
III. Le Samourai (Alain Delon's light grey fedora)
IV. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Clint Eastwood's brown gaucho western hat)
V. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Humphrey Bogart's beat-up brown or tan fedora)

One Too Many
GOOD¡¡¡¡¡

The Good said:
My top five favorite "hat movies," are the following:

I. The Godfather (Any of the fedoras or homburgs that Marlon Brando and Al Pacino wear)
II. Raiders of the Lost Ark (Harrison Ford's rugged brown fedora)
III. Le Samourai (Alain Delon's light grey fedora)
IV. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Clint Eastwood's brown gaucho western hat)
V. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Humphrey Bogart's beat-up brown or tan fedora)[/QUOTE
Good choosing ¡¡¡¡¡:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hangman

New in Town
Great movie hats...

There are alot of great movies represented here in all of these responses, although this movie is not a classic, there are alot of really nice hats being displayed in Johnny Depp's movie- "Public Enemies"...just wanted to say.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
"Public Enemy" was a nice surprise in many ways.
It was relatively historic, well thought out, wonderfully filmed and acted, made without over dramatizing the necessary violence, and it had some great hats!

Catch it if you can!

Sam

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sam Craig said:
"Public Enemy" was a nice surprise in many ways.
It was relatively historic, well thought out, wonderfully filmed and acted, made without over dramatizing the necessary violence, and it had some great hats!

Catch it if you can!

Sam
So many 30s movies were good for showing hats, including The "Thin Man" series with William Powell. But a couple of movies that had hats I liked in the Western vein were "Sergeants Three" with Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr., and an Errol Flynn movie about an ex-Civil War officer going into business for himself, in which Flynn sports a great wide-brimmed cavalry hat. By the way, one or two of the John Ford-John Wayne movies about the cavalry (again names escape me) have good hats. All of these mentioned feature cavalry hats that I admire, whether they were true to life or not. They are not cowboy hats, and not city fedoras. But they are cool.

MarkD

One of the Regulars
I agree Dan, most of the hats John Wayne wears in his westerns are great. I like the hat Brad Pitt wore in "Legends Of The Fall" so much that the one western hat I have is a copy of that hat. It is hand made 100% beaver that stands up to any weather with aplomb. It is called "The Tristan" after Pitt's character in the movie.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Little Miss Marker 1934

Ok, so its a Shirley Temple movie.... its also a hat parade! Some really stunning hats all the way thru this movie. Here are some screencaps.

B

PDVD_003.jpg

PDVD_004.jpg

PDVD_006.jpg

PDVD_007.jpg

PDVD_008.jpg

PDVD_009.jpg

PDVD_010.jpg

PDVD_011.jpg

PDVD_012.jpg

PDVD_013.jpg

Alex

Practically Family
Sweet hats in Little Miss Marker.

Tucker
has a lot of sweet looking hats as well, don't know if that's been mentioned yet or not.

bradbraden

New in Town
PDVD_033.jpg

Ok, the guy in the center of the fifth photo from the top with the spotted tie, it looks like he has an Indy style crease to his hat. Or is it that Indy has his crease!

Last edited by a moderator:

job

One Too Many
One of my all time favorite actor/directors is Buster Keaton. I was showing my son Steamboat Bill Jr and it made me think of this thread. It is probably not the greatest hat movie but it has a scene where Sr. takes Jr. to get work clothes and a hat. Keaton tries on many hats, even his self made flat top hat makes it on his head. (for a second) Anywho it along with The General are among the greatest action comedies of all time and you get to see many 1920's hats to boot.

th_images7.jpg

th_images8.jpg

th_images9.jpg

th_images10.jpg

th_images11.jpg

th_images12.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou