Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Jacket for on and off the bike

Vanson Enfield

20180416_182436.jpg 20180416_182833.jpg

Spiney

One of the Regulars
I think that was the exception rather than the rule...
Although i have something like 10 Vanson and 10 LW riding jackets the one i use the most is a $49 Richa:

uQeHZYm.jpg

0MQmQHD.jpg

It is the most comfortable one on the bike, has built in armour, looks kinda cool, and most importanly it is so cheap i really don't care if anything happens to it...
It also has a removable liner which most "nice jackets" don't have.
That’s exactly why I got the Richa. It looked great and was at a price point where it didn’t matter if I killed it. Probably just a fit issue.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's probably the easiest way to go for a classic look. I've even seen plenty of riding shirt that are kevlar lined, d30 armoured and don't' really seem any bigger when worn like a normal shirt than, well... a normal shirt. Throw on favourite Aero, job done. For something classic looking with the armour in the jacket, there's the Lewis models done with Urban Rider (though not cheap, and only a couple of their 70s style jackets so far). Goldtop seem so far to be about the only mid level (£300-£400) price which have the armour built in as standard.

I keep being weirdly tempted by an Aero Board Racer... I did have a nice cafe racer type but sold it about fifteen years ago because I was never convinced it looked quite right with a collared shirt, which is the bulk of what I wear (I think I have two t-shirts now that I would wear out as an outer- layer, both acquired in the last month - one in a sale, one a Christmas present - after about twelve years since I last did).

The Knox range has certainly worked out for me top & bottom, I also own a 100% Kevlar Draggin K sweatshirt that can go over the armoured shirt.
I’m not a fan of riding jeans, I had a pair of Hood jeans that were kevlar lined and had fitted armour, I wasn’t convinced the armour would stay in place during an ‘off’. With my current arrangement I wear Pike jeans & am still protected.

I love the simplicity of the early CR jackets, look good on and off two wheels. My current Brooks for some unknown reason is uncomfortable off the scooter but fine whilst riding. I’m tempted to get Shawn and 5* to build me one based on the Brooks measurements maybe in HH. I had another Brooks CR same size as current, same early label that was fine as a casual jacket.sold it foolishly when the CR design briefly became a fashion item. A Board Racer appeals but wouldn’t work with my physique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points