Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best way to carry a fedora with you while cycling with a helmet on your head?

Genuine Classic Gangster

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

In regards to the ideas to strap down a hat box or hat can with bungie cords...if I did that, how would I secure the box or hat can from thieves?

I've been reading about bike security and it seems that thieves can easily cut through a lot of chains or cables. Does way exist to tie down a hat box or can in ways that thieves could not defeat unless they use extraordinary tools and effort?

Captain Neon

Familiar Face
I think the garden variety thief could care little for your hat box. In fact, if one were to steal your bicycle, they might take the extra few seconds to reduce the encumberance of the hat box and leave it behind. My great-grandfather told me that locks, chains, and cables only keep honest people honest any ways.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

In regards to the ideas to strap down a hat box or hat can with bungie cords...if I did that, how would I secure the box or hat can from thieves?

I've been reading about bike security and it seems that thieves can easily cut through a lot of chains or cables. Does way exist to tie down a hat box or can in ways that thieves could not defeat unless they use extraordinary tools and effort?

Well, my thinking is that if out of my sight, I would be more concerned for the loss of my cycle. I keep my ride and equipment in sight or in the care of a trusted person. If I must leave them briefly, my communications devices, security equipment, hat and identification will be with me.

Fed

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
My box was just one of those plastic crates. I left it on my bike and nobody took it, but I could have carried it into my office if I wanted. Campus is a pretty safe place for bikes.

Brad

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rollup/pocket hat. 006.jpg

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I have a roll up Orvis wool fedora that I have taken backpacking and kayaking. you can probably find the same thing cheaper without the Orvis name. Functional and not two unattractive, at least for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner