Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Winter flight jacket. Why Sheepskin?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Tom, you're very welcome. I've only found out as much as I have from this place, so thanks for giving me a chance to put something back into the pot for a change.

Smithy said:
I'm with you there Doc. I haven't molly-coddled mine at all, it's been rained on, snowed on, slept in, stuffed in an overhead luggage compartment, been to rather a few packed pubs and bars, and it's gotten better from doing it.
There's something right about doing it, as well - a real sense of making it your very own. That these repros put up with it is testament to the work that goes into getting them built the right way.

As I said to the charming young lady to whom I lent my Irvin one evening, and who was worried that she might have spilled a little beer on it, "It all adds character!"

Come to think of it, that's another reason why I prefer a repro - I'd be terrified of spilling even a drop of beer on a vintage one.

Smithy said:
Down in flames old boy. Was subjected to a bit of nasty interrogation afterwards as well!
And yet we still keep flying those missions, eh? ;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]
There's something right about doing it, as well - a real sense of making it your very own. That these repros put up with it is testament to the work that goes into getting them built the right way.

As I said to the charming young lady to whom I lent my Irvin one evening, and who was worried that she might have spilled a little beer on it, "It all adds character!"

Come to think of it, that's another reason why I prefer a repro - I'd be terrified of spilling even a drop of beer on a vintage one.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I'd be too worried to treat an original the way I do mine. Originals are a piece of history and in my mind should be treated as such.

Fun thing with a repro, is you can give them a hard time.

And mine has seen the odd drop of beer, no harm done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred