Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beware searching "Langlitz leather" on YouTube

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Sort of reminded me of an incident with a Video(Tape) man that rented out VHS in the 80s.
A friend not quite familiar with all things American had just watched American Graffiti, all the cars and music were a bit of an overload for him.
When our VHS dealer came around my friend who shall remain nameless saw the film Cruising(Al Pacino) sitting in the open suitcase thinking it was something similar and also connected with a set of records depicting radio shows from the RnR period. Are you all getting the picture now?
He never really looked how Pacino was dressed except that he wore a black leather jacket and a peaked cap similar to how British bikers were dressed in the 1960s.
The next week my mate really went to town on the poor old VHS rental man, asking but shouting Why he rented him a Gay film and spent about 10 minutes vocally trying to convince the renter he was not. When our pure macho friend had finished he asked why he didn't tell him it was gay themed the renter came out with the classic answer "You never asked" then added "£2 a week please" I think the next VHS my friend rented was Rebel Without a Cause, suggested by our seller ;)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
It was people like James Dean (the famous Cal Leather jacket picture) and Marlon Brando (The Wild One) who made the black crosszip biker jacket popular 60 years ago. Both of them were bisexual. Both of them were great actors and symbols of masculinity. The same applies to lots of other famous actors too, btw. This knowledge granted me personally three insights: a) black biker jackets have always had a strong link to men with certain sexual interests and b) sexual interests and masculinity are two different things which are not mutually exclusive. C) For the reason above one should have no restraint to wear whatever leather jackets one likes and have no fear of your masculinity being questioned just because there also men with other sexual interests liking the same stuff. Chris Evans put it very nicely on Twitter the other day: "You really have to be so uncertain of your own masculinity to concern yourself with how another man [..enter anything here..]. Any man who wastes time quantifying masculinity is terrified on the inside."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails