Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bi Swing back and Underarm football

Roll2me

Familiar Face
Hi,

I just got Schott 641 size 38 and I found out that the bi swing back and underarm really change the comfort and range of movement.

I have 673 size medium before and the range of movement is limited due to low arm hole and it doesn’t come with underarm football.

I also have premier hwm that is loose on the chest ( size 42, I lose weight) but the range of movement and comfort is much less compared to smaller/ tighter schott 641.

The problem with Schott model (and likely the underarm football as well) the cut makes the arm looks very big.

Reading around this forum, Thedi is another highly regarded maker with good pattern.

How does Thedi or other makers in the terms of comfort and range of movement with their model that have slimmer arm, higher armhole without bi swing back or underarm football. Is it comparable comfort and movement range with Schott model with bi swing and underarm football?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
How does Thedi or other makers in the terms of comfort and range of movement with their model that have slimmer arm, higher armhole without bi swing back or underarm football.
I'm not sure how Thedi does it but it might have something to do with the fact that Theodoros makes a custom pattern for each individual jacket, customized to perfectly fit the one who commissioned the jacket. Whereas Schott jackets are OTR.
Is it comparable comfort and movement range with Schott model with bi swing and underarm football?

Yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points