Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso dark seal Liberty horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamboid

One of the Regulars
And yes I did edit the post, my tone was a little angry. Don't get called disingenuous too often. Especially when it is a subject I have an idea what. I'm talking about.

Otter

One Too Many
Quick question, now that BK have used up Liberty and Victory for leather types, what will their next new leather be called?

Should I run out and trade mark more WWII nautical themed leathers such as Park, Type C1 , Type C2 ,Type T2 tanker, Empire or even Fort ? ;)

Or will they bring out the big bombastic guns and call it Bismark leather?

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Depends how successful it's planning on being. Or if it'll be blown out of the water... The Hood is an option.

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Anyway. Here's some pictures of my personal jackets from BK in three different leathers.

Premium Seal

Badalassi Seal

Liberty Seal (original one off batch)

And recent samples received top to bottom
Liberty Seal, Liberty Russet,Liberty Dark seal and Badalassi Russet

chamboid

One of the Regulars
None have had the wear they deserve. The Premium is a heavier leather, but soft and supple, with really pronounced grain. The Badalassi is much smoother, with areas of really nice grain, it's taken longer to break in than the others will still having a tendency to feel stiff till it warms up on you. Lovely weight and drape to the leather though. The Liberty is lighter, softer and breaks in quickly showing more and more grain and getting levels or depth of colour showing through.

zhz

Practically Family
None have had the wear they deserve. The Premium is a heavier leather, but soft and supple, with really pronounced grain. The Badalassi is much smoother, with areas of really nice grain, it's taken longer to break in than the others will still having a tendency to feel stiff till it warms up on you. Lovely weight and drape to the leather though. The Liberty is lighter, softer and breaks in quickly showing more and more grain and getting levels or depth of colour showing through.

I own both badalassi and liberty. And I agree with you.
And I think the black liberty is heavier than others, but still very soft.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quick question, now that BK have used up Liberty and Victory for leather types, what will their next new leather be called?

Should I run out and trade mark more WWII nautical themed leathers such as Park, Type C1 , Type C2 ,Type T2 tanker, Empire or even Fort ? ;)

Or will they bring out the big bombastic guns and call it Bismark leather?

Given the "Victory" and "Liberty" themes, I am thinking that the next generation of BK leathers will have names like "World Domination" and/or "Freedom For All Mankind."

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I guess its name has to be ended with "y" at the end, like "Destiny" "History" "Heavenly" "Infinity" "Misery" "Calamity"

pawineguy

One Too Many
Given the "Victory" and "Liberty" themes, I am thinking that the next generation of BK leathers will have names like "World Domination" and/or "Freedom For All Mankind."

You are personally blowing up the Bill Kelso Facebook page... I'm going to stop posting Andy's responses because they are becoming too voluminous. He does, however, touch on both sleeve width and Liberty Horse, so enjoy your reading.

Superfluous

You are personally blowing up the Bill Kelso Facebook page... I'm going to stop posting Andy's responses because they are becoming too voluminous. He does, however, touch on both sleeve width and Liberty Horse, so enjoy your reading.

I saw that. Very amusing. Also, kinda sad that he is literally begging for Facebook "Likes."

As to the accusation that I am “slandering” BK, I have done nothing more than share my opinion regarding the look and feel of BK's leather. That is the antithesis of “slander.” Moreover, if my opinion of BK’s leather qualifies as “slander,” Andy and BK are serial slanderers based on their repetitive disparagement of the leather used by competitors. After denigrating the leather used by Goodwear, Aero, Real McCoy and Himel (among others) with relentless abandon, Andy’s/BK’s suggestion that I have “slandered” their leather is rather comical. Pot / Kettle. Moreover, Andy does not dispute the character of BK’s Liberty HH, but rather, exalts it and explains why the leather looks and feels as it does: “The ‘vinyl’ you refer to is semi-aniline finish and it is the same thing used on all vintage jackets without exceptions” (Andy’s February 9 e-mail to me).

As to the sleeve width issue, I never said that BK’s sleeve width is incorrect or inconsistent with vintage jackets. Rather, I merely stated my opinion that the sleeve width is larger than I prefer. Many people here have shared the same opinion. Moreover, BK’s sleeve width is larger than any of my other leather jackets. Again, others here have made similar observations. Nothing “slanderous” about these comments.

BK/Andy wrote on its FB page: “What bothers us is that we tell the truth to our customers plain and simple and we get stoned for that.” Lol! As explained above, this is not an issue of “telling the truth,” and no one is “stoning” BK. Rather, this is merely a discussion of preferences regarding leather and jacket dimensions. BK deems any criticism of its leather and/or jackets as “slanderous” and tantamount to a “stoning.” This is particularly inappropriate given how critical BK has been regarding its competitors. BK’s belief that its jackets are perfect in every way, and must be universally loved and praised, is nonsensical.

The most telling aspect of BK’s FB page are the comments of BK’s followers, including Roscoe-The-Human, which BK permits and endorses. Roscoe wrote:

“why even worry about tfl faggots? As we all know, that's no more a forum than my left arse cheek is, it's a marketing tool plain and simple. If the fags over there are irking you why not set up your own marketing tool, I mean forum, and ban anyone who doesn't love BK enough?”

The impropriety of this post is self-evident. Moreover, and most importantly, BK not only allowed this indisputably offensive post to remain on its FB page, but also posted a response to the post! This, my friends, speaks volumes about BK! If BK finds this type of FB post acceptable, and encourages such comments by posting responses, I don’t want anything to do with BK.

Plumbline

One Too Many
But now, people have taken your side as to my 'involvement' financially, and my disingenuous nature. And will from now on think of me as the guy from American Classics that has some dealings with BK. This is all from your guess work which is misguided and incorrect.

The same thing is possible with the sleeve idea. People will now think, oh there is a problem with the sleeves on these jacket, or their jackets. It's an idea which will fester.

Sadly not an uncommon tactic ... undermine and discredit ( based on either mistruth, assumption or suposition ) then malign the poster and drag the thread to closeur thus disbarring any repost from the maligned poster and leaving the mistruth out there :(

For the record ( and having been in AC many times ) I have found them to stock a wide variety of brands very much in keeping with the taste on here .... Pike Bros, Eastman, BK, Levis Vintage, Belstaff, Buzz Rickson and Red Wing to name but a few. A bit expensive for my taste but really nice stuff .... no Aero though ( perhaps their appetitie for Covent Garden Retailers has been tainted by the Sam Walker debacle ... or perhaps they just don't think AC fits ) It's a pity because I think the Aero stuff would do very well there.

Sadly IMHO this thread and others is a sad enditement of why so many retailers in this market space are reluctant to post on TFL :(

Superfluous

^ You cannot be serious Plumbline! You started a thread for the sole purpose of demanding that anyone biased in favor of Aero publicly admit their bias (the thread where you coined the term "Aero Fanboy"): http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?80202-So-who-are-the-Aero-Fanboys-(-and-girls) . You demanded complete candor and disclosure as to such biases (even though you were concealing your own failed business dealings with Aero). Now, you have the audacity to criticize me for doing nothing more than stating that retailers -- owners and employees -- should disclose their affiliations when endorsing the products that they sell. To say that your posts are wildly inconsistent and irreconcilable is an understatement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou