Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso dark seal Liberty horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That really is beyond the pale, just horrible. If I was AC, I'd run a mile from being associated with that type of offensive language.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Not professional at all. I hate to be that guy on the moral high horse, but they need to take that stuff down.

BK has openly refused to remove the posts: "We do not practice neither censorship nor doctoring of opinion. . . . Anyone is allowed to have his opinion. This is not a classroom, and we are not the teacher. . . . We are all adults here."

I certainly agree that the posts should be removed. That said, BK's offensive beliefs are now public knowledge and that knowledge will survive the removal of the posts. We now know exactly how BK views homosexuals.

zhz

Practically Family
To be fair to BK, we should quote what they said word by word, but just some selective parts. This is it, still not perfect reply,

"Roscoe, it is suggested that we take you down and chop your head off for using language. Like I said, we are NOT in the forum business. We do not practice neither censorship nor doctoring of opinion. People need to understand that just because we did not remove your post it does not mean that we endorse it. Anyone is allowed to have his opinion. This is not a classroom, and we are not the teacher. We do not encourage profanity but do not forbid it. We are all adults here. We believe in freedom of speech and the bearing of arms. Anyone who feels offended by another’s post should defend himself because we aren’t going to do it for him. Speaking against this regime is not allowed. Enjoy!"

BK has openly refused to remove the posts: "We do not practice neither censorship nor doctoring of opinion. . . . Anyone is allowed to have his opinion. This is not a classroom, and we are not the teacher. . . . We are all adults here."

I certainly agree that the posts should be removed. That said, BK's offensive beliefs are now public knowledge and that knowledge will survive the removal of the posts. We now know exactly how BK views homosexuals.

Not just that..but a number of oddities that leaves one shaking their head..:p:eusa_doh:

nick123

I'll Lock Up

I like Schitz and consider him an online friend. He's helped me out with a few things in the past. I also like and appreciate his humor (hell, I liked his 'banana pic'). I also have dealt with BK and they've honestly bent over backwards for me as much as possible. So I like them both. But I will not post that stuff on facebook, because I have friends that could possibly be bothered by it. Sadly, I have friends who post that kind of discriminatory stuff on my wall/comments all the time, and it kind of puts me in a hard place, having to delete their posts, and appearing a moral dictator, but people do get upset by that talk, and that's what this is about.

chamboid

One of the Regulars
I have no reason to answer any questions, especially after having so many accusations about my profit led agenda leveled at me. The thread is way beyond where is started. And very boring.

Why are you putting yourself in our shoes and tryig force a stance. It's really non of your business, literally. Please don't bring me into this. Or the shop. If you ever come by and I am there I will happily talk to you about anything. But not on here.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"People need to understand that just because we did not remove your post it does not mean that we endorse it."

Disagree. Allowing these patently offensive posts to remain on your public FB for all to read is tantamount to supporting the offensive statements. Moreover, and more importantly, BK not only did not remove Schitzo's offensive post, but also made their own, independently offensive post. After allowing Schitzo's posts to remain, BK independently referred to homosexuals as "faggots," and publicly declared that its customers are "not faggots." Therefore, BK clearly endorses and supports Schitzo's prior posts.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, if I was BK, I would make a simple business equation: If I offend and alienate people or I am associated with offensive statements, I lose potential customers. Therefore, I should attempt to, at the very least, distance myself from anything that would damage my brand. [huh]
Just because people have the right to freedom speech, doesn't mean they have the right to make offensive remarks without any come back.

'We do not practice neither censorship nor doctoring of opinion.'

'Anyone is allowed to have his opinion.'

'We believe in freedom of speech and the bearing of arms.'

Yet...
'Speaking against this regime is not allowed.'

I don't know about you...but to me..that is damn FUNNY...lol

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I have tried my darnedest to be fair and objective with BK. Have often defended them and their crazy antics over the years. And to be perfectly clear, I love my new Aeronaut all things considered (it's practically a daily wearer for me). But now I'm just done

Good value if you get one on sale, but absolutely not worth the BS baggage that accompanies them

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
I really think some of you guys should lighten-up, the guy (BK) feels cornered and attacked by certain folks here, he's hitting back as I would. Personally I do not find anything BK has said to be that offensive, perhaps not a great business strategy but that's up to them. At the very most BK's comments make me smile! As I have said before they make great jackets and that's what matters. Give the guy a break :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace