Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Delivery Time to US?

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
My Bill Kelso jacket was mailed out of Greece yesterday. For those in the US, how long is the delivery time? I'm in Upstate New York. I recall some discussion of that in a thread, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I keep up with VLJ, although I never post there. I recall a post here where someone spoke of delivery to the US from Bill Kelso. I'm sure Andy would let me know, but I don't want to bug him. I'd rather bug you guys! It was mailed on the 12th and I'm thinking one week.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Well, delivery should be quick I guess. It is a matter of them finding the correct hides/knits/zippers for your jacket.

I think BK's Dubow will be my next jacket, that is, when is is available.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
My Bill Kelso jacket was mailed out of Greece yesterday. For those in the US, how long is the delivery time? I'm in Upstate New York. I recall some discussion of that in a thread, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Will depend on if it runs into any customs issues of course, but mine took about 2wks.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
It arrived today. 8 days since it shipped. Very nice. I bought the house version in seal brown. I've never handled an A-2 before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I like it a lot. It is a trim fit. That works for me, but some might need to size up. It is a nice, lightweight jacket and I imagine I'll get plenty of wear out of it.

To be honest, the reason I was anxious about receiving it is because I was considering canceling my Aero 30's Half Belt. My thoughts were that this A-2 might fill the same spot in the rotation as the Half Belt and I would save myself some $...if it arrived early enough. However, the way it worked out was that I got an early e-mail this morning from Amanda saying my jacket was made and the A-2 arrived via USPS about 3 hours later. Woe is me!

too much coffee

Practically Family
Army Ranger; 24years; retired First Sergeant

I was going to order a BK A-2 but with all the problems (changing vendors, materials don't measure up to BK standards, shipping delays with components, etc...)
as reported over at the Vintage Leather Jackets forum, I decided against it.

Regards,
coffee

I was going to order a BK A-2 but with all the problems (changing vendors, materials don't measure up to BK standards, shipping delays with components, etc...)

Regards,
coffee

Yep. Way to sketchy for me. Don't know which direction they want to go. Here today..gone tomorrow(?).
HD

JollyGreenSlugg

New in Town
I've also ordered a house jacket in seal. Andy has been the very model of helpfulness, sending photos and details, and and answering my many questions. I'm that excited, and will be sure to report back when it arrives!

Cheers,
Matt

Grayland

Call Me a Cab

Regards,
coffee

I was in the 1/75 from 1983-86. B Co. Weapons Platoon, 90 mm recoiless rifle. Ranger School class 2/84

too much coffee

Practically Family
I was in the 1/75 from 1983-86. B Co. Weapons Platoon, 90 mm recoiless rifle. Ranger School class 2/84

Hi Grayland...........good to make your acquaintance. Class 6-66. Yeah I'm a FOG.

My son graduated Ranger school in 2000 and is an Army Major currently serving with the 82nd.

90MM = that thing will give 'ya a real headache if you're on the receiving end!

RLTW!

Regards,
coffee

Last edited:

Otter

One Too Many
Personaly I preferred the 84mm Carl Gustav, but that is just what I learned to fire, heck we still had the L4 LMG (AKA Bren in 7.62mm) untill a spoilsport REME Armoury inspector decided that a 1944 manufactured gun converted to 7.62mm was no longer safe! 105 Ad Rgt RA.

My order for a W&G M422 was placed two months ago. Apparently they are waiting for the correct shade of mouton.

Andrew, I can recall seeing just one person on the forums having received a new BK 422, over at the VLJ, and as I recall he supplied the mouton and the zipper.
Have you come across any one who received one without supplying some component of the jacket?

And then I still wonder what is going on with the new BK "original contract" A2's. [huh]

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andrew, I can recall seeing just one person on the forums having received a new BK 422, over at the VLJ, and as I recall he supplied the mouton and the zipper.
Have you come across any one who received one without supplying some component of the jacket?

And then I still wonder what is going on with the new BK "original contract" A2's. [huh]

You are correct Jeff. These delays are very unfortunate and will deter people from ordering from BK IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR