Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Harleys Cafe Racer

lopo

One of the Regulars
As far as I am aware.....RMNZ closed and removed all the machines off shore to fulfill existing contracts.
Why would BK go to NZ ? it has been completely isolated for 2 years
I know that RMCNZ closed unexpectedly. I bought a number of RMCNZ and The Few jackets back then and really appreciate the jackets. I was all the more surprised when I saw the link to Bill Kelso on the RMCNZ limited website. I don't know any more about it.
Regards W.v.A.

Damon141

Practically Family
Re-ship

is a big part of any business these days.

Globalization...
Just like Satchel & Paige you mentioned. By their marketing you would think they masters in leather working when in reality they have never seen a single stitch. And nearly everything on on Amazon and Etsy, even the so called handmade items can usually be found on AliExpress.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Just like Satchel & Paige you mentioned. By their marketing you would think they masters in leather working when in reality they have never seen a single stitch. And nearly everything on on Amazon and Etsy, even the so called handmade items can usually be found on AliExpress.
Satchel and Paige is more like re-ship 5Star...

But I'd expect BK to be more like re-ship RMC... AFAIK BK is using Victoria Tannery Horsehide. And Badalassi and Shinki. So that puts the BK branded products a few levels up.

So I will stick with my theory that the jackets are made in the "OEM" shops in Prato, by foreign hands. No one ever advertise Made in Prato. Everyone advertise Made in Italy. Why re-ship out of Athens or UK is still a mystery.

Damon141

Practically Family
I was looking at their instagram and last year on Black Friday they had 15% off their jackets. If the same deal comes this year I will try one.

To me their Wingman design is nice, but their Buco, Durable, and Harley designs intrigue me the most. I wish they had a Buco J100 repro because I’ve coveted the Real McCoys J100 for so long.

I’m actually surprised that nobody here has tried their Buco J-23 or their Leathertogs Aviator considering their RMC & Freewheelers counterparts are held in such high esteem.
Considering these are far less expensive and made to measure. I guess it’s bragging rights similar to the fashion industry, all about brand recognition.
But odds are against you having the exact same chest circumference that matches their arm and body length seems pretty low.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc is in the Netherlands, is obviously into good clothing and accessories, and seems to have more than average travel experience, he probably knows how clothing is typically labeled in the EU, whether they have to label the origin

US labeling laws are far stricter than most countries. In Europe, there are not “Made in” tags unless there is a ‘prestigious’ location that can be mentioned.

Damon141

Practically Family
Just wanted to follow up and let you guys know I spoke with Andy the owner through email exchange and he was really nice, courteous and professional and answered my questions in great detail.

That are pretty much open to anything and can make pretty much any jackets you want as long as they have an original vintage (something tells me he is a collector)

Also I asked if he follows the lines of the original if shortened, lengthened, tapers etc. he creates a whole new pattern to achieve the best fit. Prices are reasonable considering they you can have a custom fit. So if you have been drooling over a Buco J-23 or Freewheelers Le Brea to name a couple, these are not only less expensive but made to your measurements so no more baggy waist, drooping shoulders, long bunched up sleeves. Keep in mind I have not done business with them but clearly from customer photos the stitching is up there with the best of them. I hope that’s consistent.

Since nobody has a Single Pocket HD Sportster Reproduction I will order one after my Lewis Leather situation is resolved. I’ve liked this jacket ever since Marc posted his which looks as good or better than his custom jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112