Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bio oil

Drappa

One Too Many
I used it on a burn scar and it worked wonders! I used it soon after the accident though. I still use it once in a while on dry skin or after small cuts and it works well for me.

Drappa

One Too Many
^It wasn't for me. I burned my arm on a kettle (don't ask), and after using it for three weeks or so the scar had completely disappeared. Depends how bad the scarring is I think.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I use it at night time instead of a night cream as i have very dry skin patches due to psoriasis. I have had friends try it on stretchmarks and scarring and they haven't noticed a significant result at all.

I have heard there is a cream called Strivectin which is supposed to be great for scars Binkie. Aloe Vera gel is supposed to pretty good too, i'm testing that out on some small facial scars i have so i'll post in a couple of weeks and let you know if there is any significant improvement.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
At the salon I used to work in, Bio oil was used as part of a regular manicure, on the cuticles. I had no idea it could be used on scars.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Just checked the ingredients... some pretty good stuff that you could probably find at a health store in a mineral oil base. I try to avoid mineral oil as part of my skin care routine, but that's just a personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy