Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BK A-2. *w/pictures

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I actually found a fabric measure around the house. So it is confirmed. Thanks kojax.

Last edited:

kojax

Practically Family
hello nothing yet andy said shipping it out nexet week. i got the same jacket as you did . i am wainting should be here before xmass thanks again

kojax

Practically Family
today is snowing were i live i broke out my cockpit usa vintage goatskin g1 jacket i really like that jacket nice and easy to wear one thing i like the fur collar is real small

Rijn

New in Town
Nick, thank you for the info on the BK jacket! Might I ask how it smells? I had a US Wings HH A-2 that smelled wonderful, and a US Authentic Mfg Co. HH A-2 that smells awful. Would appreciate your thoughts on aroma...

Foster

One of the Regulars
The A2 isn't really ideal for wearing with a t-shirt, in my opinion. The short sleeves do get bunched up. The tighter armholes are correct for many WWII jackets. Besides, wearing an A2 with a t-shirt will cause the oils in your neck to get on the collar leather and lining and possibly cause it to degrade faster. I always wear long-sleeved collared shirts with mine.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nick, thank you for the info on the BK jacket! Might I ask how it smells? I had a US Wings HH A-2 that smelled wonderful, and a US Authentic Mfg Co. HH A-2 that smells awful. Would appreciate your thoughts on aroma...

I really liked the aroma! Strong. But very good (in my opinion). I imagine that different jackets within the same manufacturer could have different smells though, as each hide is unique. I actually thought of the "leather jacket and whiskey" thread or whatnot that was posted a while ago. It had me thinking what drink to pair it up with, lol.
At one point I had a Gibson Barnes G-1 that had this very sour chemical smell to it, but I even found a way to like that one.

Btw if that was your first post welcome Rijn. I'm just a new guy here but you are in the company of the best.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The A2 isn't really ideal for wearing with a t-shirt, in my opinion. The short sleeves do get bunched up. The tighter armholes are correct for many WWII jackets. Besides, wearing an A2 with a t-shirt will cause the oils in your neck to get on the collar leather and lining and possibly cause it to degrade faster. I always wear long-sleeved collared shirts with mine.

The jacket is now up for sale on the bay, but thanks for the info. That is smart.

Rijn

New in Town
Nick--thank you for your thoughts! And thank you for the welcome. I'm very happy to have found this forum--y'all are definitely the experts; just glad to be here! Given all the threads I've read on this forum and the severity of my obsession with these jackets (I've owned two already), I've accepted the fact that it takes time through some trial and error to find that perfect one...:) BTW--I thought that BK Roughwear looked great--it's a shame that the armholes didn't workout.

I'm currently in communications with Aero and BK...would you recommend one over the other?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
These guys will give you a better answer than me, as the bk is the first " top of the line" a2 jacket I've ever owned. No experience with aero/gw/Eastman. The guys here will give you a four-year leather jacket g.e.d .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace