Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BK price increases again?

Edward

Bartender
Doesn't surprise me, as ELC do the same already, so I can't imagine BK wanting to add £40(!) to postage in the UK if they're hoping to compete with them.

Definitely a good move. At one point back when they arrived on the scene with their house A2, BK were enough of s chunk cheaper than an Aero Real Deal as could have swung it in their favour, but the difference was eaten up by the postage. £40 seems a lot, but I'm sure it's actually not far off when you consider that they'd be wanting to send stuff signed and recorded across Europe (unless they could negotiate a bulk deal with a courier, but as still a very young company they likely aren't at the volume sales for that yet).

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you at the postage prices here in Greece. Don't know what they are throughout Europe but compared to what I'm used to in the US I must wonder how much that hurts commerce. Doesn't help that it took two weeks for a registered letter to travel 5 miles from the US Emabassy here either, must have had another strike then.

Greece, Italy, and to a lesser extent Spain are of course renowned for the shittiness of their services. The kind of shambolic and feckless approach to life (at least, as viewed by a northern European) that you would imagine could only be planned, but actually appears to just happen. Sí, Sí Señor … mañana, and all that jazz.

For prices, it doesn't help that Greece has been essentially bankrupt for 30 years or so, and officially bankrupt - and a client state of the ECB - for the last 4 years. Is the Greek postal service still nationalised? If so, prices will have spiked and service will have declined since ECB go their sticky claws into the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass