Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black "Sinatra" style vintage black fedora- near mint (size 7 but wears like 7 1/8)

Nat Parkinson

New in Town
Email me at Nat.parkinson@gmail.com - I would MUCH prefer to avoid Ebay fees. For forum members I'll ship CONUS for a flat $40 PayPal 'gift'.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142237704096?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Cosmetically "near mint to mint" vintage condition.

Narrow 2" brim and just shy of 5" tall. Seems to be a "large size 7" - meaning it fits me more like 7 1/8. You can just see a peek of folded paper I used to slightly resize it in the picture of the logo and the inside (naturally, I'll take that out before shipping.)

Appears to be a true blend of beaver and rabbit fur.

Has the traditional wide black grosgrain band and (as you can see in pictures) the bow is hand crafted. This also has thin grosgrain trim around the brim which was seldom seen on Fedoras (more common on Homburgs OR custom made hats.) This is labeled "customized", so it's quite possible that the original buyer requested this upgrade.

THE classic Sinatra style black fedora. Completely cleaned and re-blocked (steam only) and ready for another half century of wear.

The only signs of wear anywhere on this hat are some insignificant bits of the black stain missing from the bottom of the sweat band. If I were keeping it, I'd run a black sharpie along that carefully, and call it good.

I'll leave that decision to buyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner