Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sports Coat w/Khakis

texashatman

Familiar Face
I've had a blue collar job most of my life but have recently moved into management. My workplace is basically business casual. My question is whether it's acceptable to wear a black sports coat with khakis. If it is should I pare this with black shoes and belt or would brown belt and shoes be okay.

I have outgrown all my black and grey pants and I normally wear a blue jacket so this is kinda new to me. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

norton

One of the Regulars
I do it all the time. I have a black blazer that I normally wear with khakis. I usually wear cordovan or brown shoes and belt.

Edward

Bartender
The bottom line is: whatever looks right in person.... though I would myself be wary of pairing the black jacket with brown shoes and accessories. I'd stick with black for those too.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Keep it slick

I think it depends on the cut of the slacks and the make of the sports coat.

Some slacks can be worn at a desk ... up and down — you, not the slacks ... and still look dressy enough for a jacket by the middle of the day.

Others, by the time you have that noon meeting, look like they were dug out of the hamper.

Maybe slacks that have a looser hang and are wrinkle free would work best.

Stick with darker shoes and belt with the black jacket, too. It will all come together.:eusa_clap

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I think it is a nice look, but I think black shoes are a must and a black belt is preferred as brown is simply too much of a clash. However, if you're into cloth belts a blue cloth belt works too, though I personally prefer leather belts. Of course if you wear braces the problem is overcome very easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran