Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blowdryer + conditioner on Lost Worlds leather (before, during, after)

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
This is the jacket at the top of the Lost Worlds website isn’t it? The description of the treatment literally makes me cringe. Horrific.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Stu is a part owner/investor in a tannery, so he has a lot of say in specifying the leather parameters, including the topcoat. Some 1960s hides have similar topcoats, I tried to get Obenaufs through them and it was very difficult. Very little got through. Probably some urethane coating, maybe acrylic.

He once told me ot was a "resin finish", but i don't know what kind of resin.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
It didn't drink a drop.
It feels coated in a thick layer of wax and grease, it is sticky and heavy.
You feel the difference wearing it compared to a LW that hasn't been greased up.
To me this thread is a demonstration of what not to do....
Maybe doing everything in reverse might help. Blow dryer heating sections up then wiping down with dry cloth….

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Maybe doing everything in reverse might help. Blow dryer heating sections up then wiping down with dry cloth….

Honestly its not worth the time it would take to me.
It's not like the jacket is unwearable, it just feels like a LW/CXL hybrid to the touch.
I don't enjoy it and wouldn't do it to any of the other LW jackets i own, but i don't hate it enough to want to fix it...

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I think exactly this. Or (it may be easier), on a hot summer day just leave the jacket outside for an hour or two, and then wipe down hard with an absorbent cloth. Should remove the surface wax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider