Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boba Fett Leather Jacket

Anders

One of the Regulars
Not sure how many of you are Star Wars fans, but I got a rather strange idea the other day when my friend showed me this.

Now I would never wear a hoodie, but what if the same thing could be done with a leather jacket? I'm thinking of a nondescript gray leather jacket with layers of green, yellow and red leather set on top to recreate the armor. I know it might look a little ridiculous, but I think it could also turn out pretty cool. Plus, with a helmet to match, I could ride a motorcycle in full Boba Fett regalia!

Ignoring cost considerations, which manufacturer would you go to with a request like this? Is there one out there that will create something so strange from scratch?

Anders

atkins

Familiar Face
Go for it!

I have a friend in college who wear a Marlon Brando modified moto jacket with attached black leather hood, sometimes he looked like Darth Maul, it helps in the rain too. Thanks for the Boba fett link Anders!

Us Authentic,luckyplayerwear.com, san diego leather,might help you!

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
As I proudly sport this on my back, I must say I absolutely love this. Now, I'm not a hoodie person, but my mister certainly is. I'll have to point this out to Santa Claus, or perhaps the Birthday Fairy. :D

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Just a friendly reminder: be careful of replicating copyrighted materials...LFL will be all over you (and whoever makes the product). I know this, because as a long-time Star Wars Boba/Jango Fett costumer (of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club and The Dented Helmet), we have received several letters from Lucas warning us of encroachments in what we produce for fun (and especially profit)...they have a whole building full of people looking for this stuff....just letting you know....;)
Rob
(My scratch-built calling card....
S6301759MOD.jpg
)

Tiller

Practically Family
Helysoune said:
As I proudly sport this on my back, I must say I absolutely love this. Now, I'm not a hoodie person, but my mister certainly is. I'll have to point this out to Santa Claus, or perhaps the Birthday Fairy. :D

Nice Mythosaur skull Helysoune. When I was interested in Star Wars it was because of the game(s) The Knights of the Old Republic (1 and 2). Every time I see that skull I think of Canderous Ordo, and his great stories lol.

Anders

One of the Regulars
Ghostsoldier, that is an amazing suit! I didn't think about the copyright issue, perhaps if the jacket was merely reminiscent of Fett's rather than a recreation?

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Anders said:
Ghostsoldier, that is an amazing suit! I didn't think about the copyright issue, perhaps if the jacket was merely reminiscent of Fett's rather than a recreation?
Thanks, Anders...the armor is a labor of love...:) ...the biggest issue LFL has, is the use of the Mythosaur skull (some call it a Bantha, but it's not), the Fett, Imperial and/or Rebel symbols, and anything blantantly Star Wars-ish, especially if it's used for profit....however, I would think a Fett "themed" coat would be OK, as long as you didn't directly acknowledge it's heritage by adding copyrighted items or indicia...;)
Rob

garzo

One of the Regulars

Graemsay

Practically Family
I'd second Edward's suggestion of speaking to someone like BKS.

Take a look at the suit that I've got on order.

Suit.gif

The arm panels are already broken up in a rough approximation of the Boba Fett hoodie. It wouldn't be that hard to replicate the chest and back detail, and I've seen much more complicated designs.

Anders might have a problem getting measured by BKS (they're in the UK, he's in Montana), but there are similar companies in the States. Barnacle Bill is the only name I remember.

I'd do a Google search for custom race leathers, find a convenient shop, and see what they could do.

Of course, if he gets a suit then he has to post pictures.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I must admit that , and I hope no one hates me for this, but I am I'm a big hater of Star Wars but I hate hating it. I know it sounds confusing.

Edward

Bartender
JennyLou said:
I must admit that , and I hope no one hates me for this, but I am I'm a big hater of Star Wars but I hate hating it. I know it sounds confusing.

Eh, well.... these days I would describe myself as an "ex-Star Wars fan." For me, Star Wars died the day Greedo shot first. Lost all interest after that. [huh]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy