Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bobby-pin storage

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
I have an old little porcelain dish with a lid to keep them in. It has a wide mouth so it's easy to get them in and out. I use to just keep them in a plastic box but this is much prettier looking on my vanity.

zombi

A-List Customer
^ The Coty box idea is great, the cardboard boxes are so cute!!

I keep mine in the lid of a tea tin turned upside down. It's not terribly cute. I'd like to get a little dish to put them in, or something.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I use a glass dish that is separated into 3 sections, I think it was originally for sweets or canapes. It's hard to describe but if you imagine a small glass dish for dips! They are always in charity shops, look pretty and are really useful for seperating different pins.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I just keep mine in an old bon-bon tin on my dresser. I don't mind having to root around to find the correct size, as the tin is so pretty, it's worth it!

WD forties - great minds think alike! I have one of those dishes in my spare room for guests to put all their gubbins in on the bedside table, they are dead handy and pretty too.

Juliet

A-List Customer
I requisitioned my sewing box with those little compartments for them - I've been experimenting with different bobby pins, and I wanted to keep them all separate. Not an ideal solution:)

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
I keep some of mine in an altoid tin that I have a magnet in. I just find the magnet makes them really easy to grab.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I found these cute little round tins at a craft store that I keep things like bobby pins, barettes, and elastics in. They look nice on my dressing table, too.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Mine live in an old candy tin, with a Molly Brett illustration on it. It's perfect because it has a little handle, and it hinges shut to prevent those dreaded pin spills.

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
I wish that the lady who owned my house before me had stored her pins properly. I have a 1930's house which was owned by the same couple since it was built. They didn't do much to it since the 30's (so we had a LOT of work to do)...

..... but one of the biggest pains was that evrytime we took up the linoleum which was in every room (event the bedrooms)- the floor was covered in rusty bobby pins... I'm still finding them inbetween the floor boards.. and we really should get a bagless vacuum cleaner as the bag has been pierced so many times by a stray pin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy