Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bollman Hat Factory Outlet Stor

TomHat

New in Town
Hello All...first post and I just wanted to say that you've got a fine, informative forum with a foundation of fedora fellowship!

The past few years I've found myself becoming interested and using such things as fountain pens, vintage mechanical watches and now fedora hats. I remember my grandfather, a hard-working Sicilian, always with his hat in hand, or on his head. Now, I kind of see myself trying to fit into that same hat...if you know what I mean.

After some internet googling, I discovered that Bollman Hat Factory is not too far of a drive, so I headed to Adamstown, PA to check out their outlet store. There, the selection for men's hats had been switched over to Spring/Summer styles. I really wanted to see if they had any dress fedoras, but none were out, except for their Bollman Heritage Collection--each a style of past 10 decades and each a $100. There was one that I got a chance to hold and try on, their !930's Trilby. I thought it was quiet a nice hat, and since it was the first time I truly got a chance to hold and touch a fur felt hat, I can see why furs are better. The sales guy, though, wouldn't let it go for anything less than $100, so I opted out.

In stock, though, were a bunch of straw and various paper/poly blend fedoras...all for only $10.00. I bought a sweet Litefelt straw, center crease fedora that I've been wearing the past couple of days. Plus, I bought a couple of other "dressier" straw fedoras to wear with my sportcoat and tie on work days.

I'm really attracted to center crease, dress, fur felt fedoras and have been scouring the internet for them. I might wait a paycheck or two before buying my first "nice" hat...that way the wifey won't get too upset when it shows up on our doorstep.

I'm heading to Austin, TX for a conference/mini vacation next week and I'm tempted to go to the Hatco Hat Outlet in Dallas. Do you guys, or gals, think it'll be worth the drive?

Hey, thanks for letting me into the forum and reading this newbie post! You guys are cool!

Tom:eusa_clap

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Hey! Welcome! Sounds like you really have the whole vintage lifestyle thing going in full force-- FP's (I love them!), watches, and now hats! I don't know much about the outlet store, myself, but if you're in the area, it wouldn't hurt to stop by. If you want a good deal on a great hat, check out the vintage ones on eBay, or even here in our own classifieds section. You can find an amazing hat much better quality than the Trilby you almost dished out on, for about half the price. Good luck in your hat-searching!

flute

TomHat

New in Town
fluteplayer07 said:
Hey! Welcome! Sounds like you really have the whole vintage lifestyle thing going in full force-- FP's (I love them!), watches, and now hats! I don't know much about the outlet store, myself, but if you're in the area, it wouldn't hurt to stop by. If you want a good deal on a great hat, check out the vintage ones on eBay, or even here in our own classifieds section. You can find an amazing hat much better quality than the Trilby you almost dished out on, for about half the price. Good luck in your hat-searching!

flute
Thanks Flute! I've been on eBay looking at their vintage fedoras, but still weary on what to bid on. My learning curve is WAYYYYY high right now. I do appreciate the advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran