Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boot recommendations sought.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys. Lots of choices, but many just don't do ti for me, style-wise. I don't get the high-heels on some of these work/logger boots. Would seem to be a detriment, and I don't like the look.
I'm already 6'-4", so I don't need a tall heel.
Alden has a great rep, but again, the styling just misses for me. Maybe I'll head down to BH and try some on - thanks for the suggestion. I'm leaning towards the Red Wing, TImberland, and a few random models I've seen. The other chore is finding a 13/14.
Appreciate all the help. Have a great day.

Butte, I'm not sure exactly what you're after but I can't say enough good things about the Red Wing Iron Ranger. I wear a 14 in most shoes/boots and a 15 in Nike but the IR in 13 fits me perfectly. It's nice because you can actually go into a Red Wing store and try their 13s on without the hassle of mail order. Apparently the Red Wing Beckmans are built on the same last as the Iron Ranger, so the sizing should be pretty much the same. You might be able to fit into a size 12.

Personally, I wouldn't piss in a Timberland boot.

Last edited:
LOL - thanks Jack! I love the RW 8111. Wow - haven't owned a size 12 since Jr high. You really think they run large? I'm normally 13/14, brand and style being the variable.
I'm being lazy not going somewhere to try 'em on. Just hate the whole park/shop routine any more...
Thanks for the advice - I dumped the Timberland idea after the post. I have found the RW and some Chippewas that look good, as well as some WWII repro service boots.
http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=USFSS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany