Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Quality

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
20210423_205447.jpg 20210423_205338.jpg 20210423_205319.jpg

Hello, nice hat, I have a similar hat, how did you clean the water mark in the top?
There are several threads covering the subject of cleaning hats. If it's just water it shouldn't leave a stain. Have a look here:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/basics-of-cleaning.51442/
and

Last edited:

pacolizarraga

Familiar Face
There are several thread covering the subject of cleaning hats. If it's just water it shouldn't leave a stain. Have a look here:
and
Excellent, thank you very much

There are several thread covering the subject of cleaning hats. If it's just water it shouldn't leave a stain. Have a look here:
and
Buy a hat brush and give all your hats an occasional brushing. Amazon sells them, they are cheap to buy and well worth it.

pacolizarraga

Familiar Face
Hi,
could you please help to identify this hat

Attachments

• borsalino3.png
    borsalino3.png
    273.8 KB · Views: 59
  • borsalino2.png
    borsalino2.png
    325.1 KB · Views: 57
  • borsalino1.png
    borsalino1.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 61
Hi,
could you please help to identify this hat
Well, there isn't much to go on if these are the only available pictures. We can just say it's a homburg hat sold by Armando Gusto of Bologna and there seems to be quite a bit of staining on the hat. And that's it really.

pacolizarraga

Familiar Face
Well, there isn't much to go on if these are the only available pictures. We can just say it's a homburg hat sold by Armando Gusto of Bologna and there seems to be quite a bit of staining on the hat. And that's it really.
I am working to clean it, I will post more pictures once this is clean, I am brushing and steam the stain areas. I hope I could clean it.

pacolizarraga

Familiar Face
Here are more pictures, following the information you sent me I was able to clean the hat

Attachments

• borsalin6.jpg
    borsalin6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • borsalin7.jpg
    borsalin7.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
  • borsalin8.jpg
    borsalin8.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • borsalino5.jpg
    borsalino5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
Here are more pictures, following the information you sent me I was able to clean the hat
That's a lot better. It's a Gulaela in the colour opale. Gulaela is the most common homburg model by Borsalino and opale is one of their many grey colours. The liner could be chosen by the retailer and therefore the "qualitá superlativa" doesn't really mean anything. It dates from the mid to late fifties. A very beautiful hat. I hope it cleans up well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points