Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOTH SIDES OF THE TWEED! - Show us your tweed suits, sport coats and pants

Dreamofgilgamesh

A-List Customer
Dear Group, I love Tweed jackets, especially Harris Tweed, so here's a couple of photos of a recent Ebay purchase. I'm not sure how old it is but it's a lovely bit of gear. It's the thickest and hairiest jacket i own!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

at last got a tweed suit, it was tailor made found in a charity shop and fits like a glove
45782_4281206836593_1844253208_n_zpsac31d71a.jpg

563499_4281207316605_1517119799_n_zpsebad8617.jpg

285708_4281207596612_1012660112_n_zpsb418d026.jpg

this last pic shows cloth, the suit looks shiny on the big pics but it isnt just the flash I think
VM

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Had an excuse to get on my vintage Hebden Cord tweed shooting suit and Johnny Cordova diamond tweed cap today... Yes the plus twos are not the breeks that are part of the suit, but I like these old Moss Brothers 1967 tweed plus twos.

405997791.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here's a Harris tweed I got whilst at Whitby earlier this week, it from the late 50's early 60's I guess and is a lovely dogtooth pattern with single rear vent;
x2qc0p.jpg

28k7tee.jpg
et7493.jpg

1hqxsn.jpg
2djsdbk.jpg

overall condition is very good indeed though not sure if buttons have been replaced, I may replace them with football buttons and put some on the sleeves too, a label has been removed from the inside left pocket...the original owners label/tag perhaps and both inside pockets have had slight stitching repairs to one corner each and button holes have been oversewn, it is a little snug for me so I may pass it on not sure as yet.

Last edited:

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
I think I got got an incredible bargain today, in similar, if not quite so spectacular style to VM... Going round the charity shops in my local town, I found a jacket and trouser combi by the Irish company Magee

Made from a grey/brown (with colour flecks), salt and pepper Donegal tweed.. the colours to represent the land and sea of Donegal... this is an immaculate pair - never worn as far as I can tell - and distinctively 'vintage' in style, with the trousers very much tailored in a 40/50's cut.... and it fits like it was made for me.

Both for a crazy £10... I'm happy as a pig in s**t to say the least... :D

Some detail... but, I'll try and get a shot wearing it tomorrow.

dsc0294v.jpg

dsc0295rj.jpg

dsc0296gj.jpg

Last edited:

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Thank you esteban68... I was thinking of contacting Magee to see if they could give me some more info (all the paper info tags are present and pristine) as to when it was made, etc....there is currently nothing to match on their site.

The cloth is sublime, and its very (had it on all day) comfortable to wear.

Certainly my best buy yet.

Wonderful blog BTW :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot