Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bound brim on Fed IV?

ProfCharles

New in Town
Hello all,

I'm curious to see if anyone here has done a bound brim on their Fed IV hats. I'm thinking of getting it done to my Carbon Fed to add a bit of formality as I've read raw edges are more casual.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello all,

I'm curious to see if anyone here has done a bound brim on their Fed IV hats. I'm thinking of getting it done to my Carbon Fed to add a bit of formality as I've read raw edges are more casual.

I think for the cost of getting it done you might as well order a Squatter with a ready bound brim.

I call it the Akubra Wanderer....customized Moonstone Fed4 = bound edge by Falcon Park, mid-ribbon by CleanaHat...
I was going to create a Moonstone Campdraft but went with the mid-ribbon instead of the thin ribbon & they came out with a Moonstone Heritage Campdraft Deluxe...

Same hat but different lighting...

Wconly

Familiar Face
For what it is worth, to you, if I was thinking along these lines, I would look into a custom made hat, and not embellish one purchased, just because you like the hat! Nothing wrong with the hat, but if you truly want something, which offers you a bit more 'formal look,' go custom! There are a great deal of very good 'makers-of-hats,' on this site and elsewhere and I believe you would be happier, though, a bit more drained in the checkbook, with said! Just my 2 cents! W>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael