Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BRACES (SUSPENDERS)

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Charity shop find, presumambly British made not sure of year?
dea6ax.jpg
2heacr6.jpg

333winm.jpg
24vo74x.jpg

They appear to have been removed from packaging but NOS unused?

willyto

One Too Many
They are in very good shape. I'm surprised by the very short piece where the braces join in the back because I'm used to see it more larger than that.

xenoxols

New in Town
This thread hasn't had a post in a while, but here's one.
5ahKBQO.jpg

These are what I use most of the time. They've seen better days, but something about the stretchy fabric in these seems more comfortable than others. I also really like the beat up look, especially with suspenders it makes them seem more natural.

Spontaneous "fun-purchase", today, my Loungers!!
The last time, I always wanted to test suspenders again, after a pause of 27/28 years. You know, there are still some folks in old Germany, swearing on suspenders. And I just wanted to see, if there's something on it.

And I'm totally surprised!! They are so much more comfortable, than I remember from primary-school time!

Here we are, with a cute pair of Y-suspenders. Stretch fabric mix. I had them on, minutes ago, getting groceries in smalltown. They are totally comfortable!

Attachments

• IMGP8007.JPG
    IMGP8007.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 460
  • IMGP8006.JPG
    IMGP8006.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 460

Cocker

Practically Family
Try to get some button-up suspenders. The clip-ons really look too much like a hipster or 90's thing and are not vintage at all :)

Here my primary-school "Beach Club" suspenders, first. From 1993/94/95. :cool::cool::cool:

Then, a new black pair suspenders, bought today. Again by Max Gründl, Ingolstadt. But these are 3,5 cm wide.

Attachments

• IMGP8034.JPG
    IMGP8034.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 391
  • IMGP8032.JPG
    IMGP8032.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 394
  • IMGP8030.JPG
    IMGP8030.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 385
  • IMGP8029.JPG
    IMGP8029.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 430
  • IMGP8028.JPG
    IMGP8028.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 398

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Is there a reason rainbow suspenders were kind of everywhere in the 70s and 80s? I mean more in stores than out in the wild. If a store stocked a single type of suspenders back then, it was almost always rainbow. I can only remember a couple of local farmers who actually wore them on the regular, and one of them wore rainbows. I can't remember what the other wore. Now I rarely see them anywhere, but I'm guessing that's because of the symbol association with LGBTQ? Not that I see braces very often. I can't remember the last time I ran into someone wearing them.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Is there a reason rainbow suspenders were kind of everywhere in the 70s and 80s? I mean more in stores than out in the wild. If a store stocked a single type of suspenders back then, it was almost always rainbow. I can only remember a couple of local farmers who actually wore them on the regular, and one of them wore rainbows. I can't remember what the other wore. Now I rarely see them anywhere, but I'm guessing that's because of the symbol association with LGBTQ? Not that I see braces very often. I can't remember the last time I ran into someone wearing them.
I Like the rainbow braces / suspenders too.

It was much too silent, here. So I decided, we need new stuff! :D

One pic flashlight, one daylight, one lamp light. ;)

Attachments

• IMGP8311.JPG
    IMGP8311.JPG
    385.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMGP8309.JPG
    IMGP8309.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMGP8308.JPG
    IMGP8308.JPG
    455.3 KB · Views: 131

Forum statistics

Threads