Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brand NewA-2

KENNYW

Familiar Face
Here's a couple of picture's I thought you might enjoy!
1146281863675_1_af_1.jpg

1144115467119_1_leather.jpg

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Cool photos Kenny !! Those guys getting issued with brand new kit - one trying a B2 cap - obviously bomber crew. I think of what they endured and wonder how many of them made it through the war.

Thanks for posting those

Colin

KENNYW

Familiar Face
silhouette53 said:
Cool photos Kenny !! Those guys getting issued with brand new kit - one trying a B2 cap - obviously bomber crew. I think of what they endured and wonder how many of them made it through the war.

Thanks for posting those

Colin
Your Welcome!
My pleasure,enjoy!

KENNYW

Familiar Face
Mojave Jack said:
Nice photos! Do you know any details about them, Kenny?

It looks like those crush caps are brand new, too. Either that or they've been making Jiffy Pop in their hats!
I really don't,except that b-2 cap does not fit that guys head!lol

bfrench

Familiar Face
Hi, Kenny,

Thanks for posting the pics.

I think the most remarkable thing is how thin most of those guys were - no wonder it is so hard finding a size 50 original A-2.

Bill French

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Never saw Fife actually wear the A-2 though. Might have interfered with the cat like reflexes of his quick draw.

m

Havana

One of the Regulars
I think those great photos bring home a sense of reality regarding the A-2's. Today, so many people get obsessive about the stitching, the color and every other detail. Back then, it was just pulled out of bin and passed over the counter. You had to learn to love the jacket you got.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not sure whether I should be sorry or not that I don't live in an area where cold weather outer wear is necessary. I mused this winter over the fact that I wore a very light weight jacket once or twice only. Usually a sweat shirt is sufficient over a Tee. I have a heavy cord jacket with pile collar I haven't worn in nearly 2 decades. I couldn't make use of a lined A-2 with pile or fleece collar for more than a scant few days in a year. I have a light leather similar to the A-2 bomber style with no lining or pile collar and that's about it.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot