Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brand of sunglasses?

sparks

New in Town
Even if I knew the answer, would refuse to share it with 'Vladimir Lenin' anymore than I would with Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, or Chairman Mao. Methinks a change of avatar might be appropriate to be honest. Mass murders don't sit well in the lounge of freemen, there Sparky! ;)

-dixon cannon

you said it Dix - 'a lounge of freemen - emphasis on FREE.

maybe i should choose someone like the current president - he hasnt sent anyone to their dea....maybe the past pres...it's an avatar - i'm not him/he's not me;

i mean no disrespect; but it's a picture - that's all;

cookie

I'll Lock Up
you said it Dix - 'a lounge of freemen - emphasis on FREE.

maybe i should choose someone like the current president - he hasnt sent anyone to their dea....maybe the past pres...it's an avatar - i'm not him/he's not me;

i mean no disrespect; but it's a picture - that's all;

Yeah but offensive...get rid of it....

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sparks, I think the idea is that your avatar happens to be the brutal dictator of a bygone era. You could put him on par with such men as Hitler, Stalin, Amin, Mugabe, etc.

No one is railing against you as a member, and certainly you are free to choose your avatar...

...but as I've been reminded in the past, and rightly so, the Lounge is a place where MANY cultures come to discuss style and fashion, as well as history. Some of the folks from other cultures, including members from Russia, Eastern Europe, Germany, Poland, etc., may be particularly sensitive to the depiction of a man that ordered the murder of families, the starvation of peasants, and who overturned an entire way of life for many unwilling people. Moreover, as a result of these policies, other folks were led to concentration camps where they were tortured, starved and murdered.

We could go on and on with a history lesson, but I'm sure you agree that's not necessary. The Lounge isn't a federal prison where you need friends to survive - in fact, it's the opposite. That is specifically why some members request you change your avatar. Respect for the dead, simply, is all their asking. I'm sure you understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany