Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Branded Garments by Orchard M/C Leather Peacoat, size 46

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Hi everyone,

I am selling a Branded Garments / Orchard M/C leather peacoat. For those who do not know Branded, their quality is excellent and their jackets are especially nice if you appreciate a heavy, thick coat. The same applies to this peacoat. It's as heavyweight as you'll really need to get. I'm still not really sure how much it weighs - I'm going to guess more than ten pounds, and possibly fifteen. Will try to get a scale to confirm an exact weight later on, but it's a beast of a jacket. The leather is grainy and awesome.

It's not just the leather and weight that's fantastic, but the condition itself. This jacket has very little wear that I can see. The cuffs look great, the lining is solid, and almost all of the marks on the leather are surface level. The button holes for the anchor buttons even have very little wear. AND it comes with a detachable collar (Faux, unfortunately) and a snap-in quilted vest.

Enough of my sales pitch though, here are some pictures. Please note, the jacket is not being stored in this position - it's totally flat. My poor wooden coathangers don't seem to be big enough to reach the shoulders.

YNM7QIA.jpg

Hts82dX.jpg

(Those two vertical stripes you see on the back are mostly non-visible now. I used a wet washcloth post-pictures and they have faded for the most part; surface level. Also, belt-like loops on the belt, but a belted peacoat seems bizarre, so I assume they're for something else?)

cJ8RWXK.jpg

Close up.

EyIKfAl.jpg

No collar.

IMG-E6277.jpg

MgktlIW.jpg

O9PLCSN.jpg

(Same thing as earlier image; wet washcloth diminished those two vertical spots).

IMG-E6272.jpg

IMG-E6270.jpg

IMG-E6271.jpg

IMG-E6284.jpg

No wear on the cuffs!

UCKZdrL.jpg

(One thing to note on this last image - There is some exposed red stitching here. I don't think it's too much of a worry, because the jacket itself is in such great condition that I don't think it's a flaw from wear, but I did want to note that. It's really the only odd thing I can mention about the jacket.)

Measuring this is a real pain. I obtained the measurements below by having a friend wear this and measuring off of him, except for the pit to pit. If you are interested in this jacket, PM me and I can give more details / photos of how I measure, so we can sure you get a great fit.

Tag size: 46R

Hand Measurements:
Pit to pit: 25
Shoulder to shoulder: 21
Inner gusset to gusset(?): 16.5
Top of shoulder to sleeve: 26
Top of shoulder to hem: 35 (Estimate an additional two inches with collar measurement, so 37. Faux collar not measured.)

So there you have it. I know words like thick, grainy, and heavy are overused, (much like many people overuse "buttery soft" when talking about lambskin), but this jacket perfectly fits that definition. And it's in great condition, with very little wear. Basically the only flaw is that the collar isn't mouton.

As far as pricing goes, I'm thinking $300 Payapl F&F plus whatever it costs to ship to you. There is a chance I can cram this baby into a large flat rate box, so that would only be $20 if you live in the US. It'll likely be more if you want it to have a bit more space, though. I try to be fair in my pricing, and the last time I saw this jacket on eBay, it was listed for $600. All proceeds will go to the "Kubatu wants to buy a Cal" fund. Any questions, please ask. Thanks all!

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Hi everyone,

I am selling a Branded Garments / Orchard M/C leather peacoat. For those who do not know Branded, their quality is excellent and their jackets are especially nice if you appreciate a heavy, thick coat. The same applies to this peacoat. It's as heavyweight as you'll really need to get. I'm still not really sure how much it weighs - I'm going to guess more than ten pounds, and possibly fifteen. Will try to get a scale to confirm an exact weight later on, but it's a beast of a jacket. The leather is grainy and awesome.

It's not just the leather and weight that's fantastic, but the condition itself. This jacket has very little wear that I can see. The cuffs look great, the lining is solid, and almost all of the marks on the leather are surface level. The button holes for the anchor buttons even have very little wear. AND it comes with a detachable collar (Faux, unfortunately) and a snap-in quilted vest.

Enough of my sales pitch though, here are some pictures. Please note, the jacket is not being stored in this position - it's totally flat. My poor wooden coathangers don't seem to be big enough to reach the shoulders.

YNM7QIA.jpg

Hts82dX.jpg

(Those two vertical stripes you see on the back are mostly non-visible now. I used a wet washcloth post-pictures and they have faded for the most part; surface level. Also, belt-like loops on the belt, but a belted peacoat seems bizarre, so I assume they're for something else?)

cJ8RWXK.jpg

Close up.

EyIKfAl.jpg

No collar.

IMG-E6277.jpg

MgktlIW.jpg

O9PLCSN.jpg

(Same thing as earlier image; wet washcloth diminished those two vertical spots).

IMG-E6272.jpg

IMG-E6270.jpg

IMG-E6271.jpg

IMG-E6284.jpg

No wear on the cuffs!

UCKZdrL.jpg

(One thing to note on this last image - There is some exposed red stitching here. I don't think it's too much of a worry, because the jacket itself is in such great condition that I don't think it's a flaw from wear, but I did want to note that. It's really the only odd thing I can mention about the jacket.)

Measuring this is a real pain. I obtained the measurements below by having a friend wear this and measuring off of him, except for the pit to pit. If you are interested in this jacket, PM me and I can give more details / photos of how I measure, so we can sure you get a great fit.

Hand Measurements:
Top of shoulder to hem: 35 (Estimate an additional two inches with collar measurement, so 37. Faux collar not measured.)

So there you have it. I know words like thick, grainy, and heavy are overused, (much like many people overuse "buttery soft" when talking about lambskin), but this jacket perfectly fits that definition. And it's in great condition, with very little wear. Basically the only flaw is that the collar isn't mouton.

As far as pricing goes, I'm thinking $300 Payapl F&F plus whatever it costs to ship to you. There is a chance I can cram this baby into a large flat rate box, so that would only be $20 if you live in the US. It'll likely be more if you want it to have a bit more space, though. I try to be fair in my pricing, and the last time I saw this jacket on eBay, it was listed for $600. All proceeds will go to the "Kubatu wants to buy a Cal" fund. Any questions, please ask. Thanks all!
That jacket is built like a leather TANK

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Small bump. I don't like bumping items, so I'll probably throw this on ebay soon and see how it fares at this price. Would prefer to sell here though - (not just because of avoiding ebay / paypal fees!) - but also because this is a really nice jacket that I think could really be appreciated by those who love heavy, tough leather. Always open to offers or trades, though the possibility of someone needing a size 46 and having a size 38-40 is a bit unlikely, haha.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Hi everyone,
Totally MISSED this!! Gone I assume?

YNM7QIA.jpg

Hts82dX.jpg

cJ8RWXK.jpg

Close up.

EyIKfAl.jpg

No collar.

IMG-E6277.jpg

MgktlIW.jpg

O9PLCSN.jpg

IMG-E6272.jpg

IMG-E6270.jpg

IMG-E6271.jpg

IMG-E6284.jpg

No wear on the cuffs!

UCKZdrL.jpg

Hand Measurements:

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Yeah, it is sold now. Definitely a beast of a jacket if the style suits. I ended up selling this one on Ebay, so I don't think it ever really managed to enter the TFL circulation.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
From branded garments last man standing
I showed him this thread and he replied:
“That is actually a 3/4 mounted police with pockets, instead of police buttons we used pea coat plastic buttons, with sheepskin collar, this was a custom order we made about 25 years ago, we can still make the same coat, thanks for your message . peter”

Bahabp100

Practically Family
That one was one of a kind customer custom based on this original Here is the original notice the “belt loops”
64818E36-4A44-4951-90A7-62F6F9458544.jpeg

Attachments

• 09154ABD-5DE8-4BE4-B406-2083E5110E91.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points