Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Branded Garments vintage MC jacket – excellent condition – size 40

Full Closet Again

New in Town
So here’s the deal. I combed web sites to find the right place to sell this baby. I could go on the ‘E’ sites, but they wouldn’t appreciate the - what do they call it – provenance? I thought you readers would.

I got this fabulous jacket in the early 80s in New York City. It wasn’t new then, but hardly worn. I’m guessing it was made in the mid-late 70’s. We used to ride through the downtown streets late at night (all those no-go zones that are now hipster) and had great fun setting off all the car alarms with a rev. Juvenile? Yes. We WERE juvenile.

This jacket saw CBGB and the Mud Club at their prime. Pretty sure it saw the Talking Heads, and it was touched by Andy Warhol when he sat next to me trying on shoes. “Nice jacket” he said. REALLY!!!! [I didn’t buy the shoes – realized if he was shopping there, it was too rich for my blood!]

It’s been taken care of like a jewel. A few small wear marks on the sleeves, and the brass studs are slightly tarnished, but -hey- who isn’t?

It has the iconic gold and black label of the era [not the newer black stamped one] and was made in the USA. Branded is a NY company and makes the leather wear for the NYPD. The leather is heavy-duty, and the brass snaps and zippers are great quality and all work. Zip out liner for extra versatility. Even the pocket linings are cool – one inside pocket is red and gold; and check out the coin pocket.

Life has sent me to Australia now, and where I live it doesn’t get cold enough to wear the liner, let alone the jacket or the jacket with liner. The jacket stares at me glumly and I know it wants to get out on the town again, so I am finally giving it up. USD$550 and it’s yours.

Payment thru Paypal. It weighs about 6lb/ 3kg, so shipping is expensive – about AUD$85 to the US. Elsewhere, contact me.

Happy to answer questions. Thanks for looking.

IMG_5570.JPG

without liner

with liner
IMG_5591.JPG

IMG_5561.JPG
liner alone

IMG_5571.JPG

IMG_5578.JPG

IMG_5576.JPG

IMG_5573.JPG

IMG_5585.JPG
coin pocket showing lining pulled out

IMG_5586.JPG

wear on the sleeve

Attachments

• IMG_5571.JPG
    IMG_5571.JPG
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 290

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Branded was my first MC jacket back in early 80's. Went to the showroom in Queens and bought it . Held up fairly well and went thru many miles with me. GLWS....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko