Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brandit Giant M65 Field Jacket

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hello
I just been looking for a reproduction M65 field jacket and came across this Brandit Giant M65.
Has anybody heard of this company or Jacket before as a couple of YouTube videos on it? It looks like it’s made very nice.

Attachments

• IMG_6962.png
    IMG_6962.png
    2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

barnabus

One Too Many
A work colleague and I both bought M65s at the same time last year.

He bought the Brandit jacket, and I bought my Helikon Nyco jacket.

Brandit make a huge range of military repro kit;

I tried his jacket before mine arrived and it seemed very nice, solid and well put together. But once I received my Helikon, it is leagues ahead, and feels significantly more robust and well made.

Mine was admittedly more expensive, about £25 more at the time of purchase. But appears to be an altogether more serious utilitarian repro than the Brandit, which is a bit more fashion-oriented I think.

The reason I mentioned the construction material earlier is that I believe the Nyco (50/50 nylon/cotton) is both tougher and more water-repellent than the cotton of the Brandit. Although the cotton will probably wash better and give a worn patina sooner.

And still a great jacket though, if budget is a key factor.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hello
Thank You for sharing your experience with your jackets. It was very helpful. I just like the liner and the braidit. I bought this M65 with liner for $65.00 on Poshmark. Made in USA.

Attachments

• IMG_6959.png
    IMG_6959.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6961.png
    IMG_6961.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6960.png
    IMG_6960.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads