Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

British Dispatch Rider's Boots Size 10 - Superb!

TheThinMan511

New in Town
Please note I have used a stock photo for the boots: I will soon get my pair out of storage and post multiple pics of the actual boots for sale.

Size 10 pair of vintage, WWII design dispatch motorcycle rider's leather boots with 3 buckles in superb condition. I purchased them as NOS (new old stock) to wear with my civilianized 1939 BSA M20, the motorcycle used by British dispatch riders. The boots have only been worn twice and are deep black with no issues. Please feel free to ask me any questions. I have perfect feedback on eBay for more than 23 years.

$285 + actual cost of shipping/insurance.

Thanks for looking and best wishes!

Attachments

• shoe7.jpg
    shoe7.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20141130_023831 (1).JPG
    IMG_20141130_023831 (1).JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

TheThinMan511

New in Town
Because I have not received any inquiries, I have yet to post any actual photos of the boots. But I will be glad to do so if desired. Thank you.

CMB

New in Town
Hi there, I signed up to ask if you still have the boots to sell? Are they a US size 10? I'm happy to pay what you're asking.

Kind regards,

Conán

TheThinMan511

New in Town
Hello Conan: Thanks for your message and interest in the boots. Yes, they are still for sale as I've not posted them anywhere else as yet. I do believe they are a size 10, but will confirm that: I can't recall if they have a marked size but I wear a size 10 and they fit me great (I had about ten pairs of vintage riding boots, so these were rarely worn). I need to get them out of my storage space so I can provide you with photos and dimensions. Where are you located? Cheers, Bradley

CMB

New in Town
Cheers Bradley, that would be great. I'm actually in Belfast, which likely makes postage very expensive., but I could have them sent to Dublin, or Dundalk etc, in order to thwart Brexit charges. I'm a UK 10, or about a US 10.5/11, but a half size in old boots can be ok, I've restored historical & vintage leather boots using era-appropriate products before; they stretch a little as the leather loosens up. Here's hoping that they're not that little bit too small...

TheThinMan511

New in Town
Hi Conan: I'm sorry I haven't gotten you more information and photos, but unfortunately I have a good excuse: one of my vintage motorcycles was stolen this morning, so my day did not go quite as planned. I will try to get the information tomorrow or shortly thereafter. Thanks for your indulgence.

CMB

New in Town
I'm desperately sorry to hear that, Bradley, I hope most earnestly that your bike gets recovered, unscathed. Take whatever time you need, there's no rush. Best of luck.
Hi Conan: I'm sorry I haven't gotten you more information and photos, but unfortunately I have a good excuse: one of my vintage motorcycles was stolen this morning, so my day did not go quite as planned. I will try to get the information tomorrow or shortly thereafter. Thanks for your indulgence.

TheThinMan511

New in Town
Hi Conan: Well, my cycle was recovered but was stripped of many parts. I've got to wait to see what happens with my insurance company. If I have to replace it, I may decide to keep the boots, in which case I apologize profusely for getting your hopes up. I will keep you posted.

CMB

New in Town
I understand your position, I sincerely hope that everything works out with your insurance. Best of luck.
C.

TheThinMan511

New in Town
Hi Conan: I to let you know that I'm getting a payout soon from my insurance company and will likely buy another motorcycle, partly because auto insurance is so costly that it makes my buying a car unfeasible at present. I hadn't planned on spending much time riding motorcycles when I first posted the ad for the boots, but it looks like I will probably hold onto them for a while. I will certainly let you know if/when I decide to sell them. You're welcome to send me your direct email address or telephone number so I could contact you more easily in the future. Best regards, Bradley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points