Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

British Sheepskin Flying Jkt.

moktabe

One of the Regulars
Bought a cross zip flying jacket from British Sheepskin about January time this year. Ordered a size 44 and when it came it was outstanding!

Apart from the fact it would go around me twice :rolleyes:

Spoke to Gary (the owner) and he said he'd be happy to alter it. What with one thing and another didn't get down until today. Once he saw how big the jacket was on me he said it'd end up being a bit of a bodge job so, disappeared into the storeroom and came out with a size 40 and it fit an absolute treat. Very lucky as jackets are normally made to order and he carries virtually no stock.

His customer service is outstanding and he does much more than is listed on the website, worth a look if your thinking of maybe getting a flying jacket. He also makes jackets for Aviation Leathercraft ( aka as Irvin)

A 320 mile round trip and I now have one that fits me.

Apologies for the pics looking like they've been taken with a potato!
8C5DCFE4-407A-4EA5-8C2B-31181822CC16_1_201_a.jpeg
6C2CFF63-3E39-4E71-B496-C3DDCEF429CD_1_201_a.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
that's just so cool, really wish it gets cold enough here to be able to wear something like this sometimes lol. im guessing thats normally worn on a cold windy day but how does shearling jackets fair in the wet?

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
that's nice. always been a sucker for these cold weather jackets with shearling, etc. A lot of restraint has to kick in every time I see those Aero Redskins and some of those Eastman Irvings. And the RMC and Toy McCoys stuff, forget it. I could buy them all--B3, D1, B6, etc etc But this brand looks great too. Need to investigate further.

I must be a total wimp because I rock my b3 a lot more than I think is normal for So. Cal weather. I actually broke mine out last night for the first time this season. Wore it for the dogs walk for about 20 minutes and even inside another 20 minutes to get some extra movement in it. Was probably low 60s F. Felt totally comfortable as far as heat goes. As we know, they're bulky and I can definitely see how if I were to do any sort of physical activity, well that might lead to me spontaneously combusting LOL. I guess for me, in short bursts, they're fine, but probably not something I'd want to wear all day, or being on a busy subway, etc. But I'm very surprised/pleased I've gotten more wears from it than I thought I would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk