Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bronson sale

CBI

One Too Many
I own so much of their stuff, there is actually nothing I want to buy!!!!! 10 jackets, a few of their shirts, sweaters, etc.

Edward

Bartender
Nice range. I'm hoping the size availability gradually improves. In a lot of stuff I'm sort of between their top end size and the next size up if it existed. Risky to order online, though if they had a more local stockist.... I have half an eye on their L2A in particular.

CBI

One Too Many
Edward - I am sure you are doing this but everyone needs to be sure to look at their sizing details as they list the actual dimensions of their garments. There is often quite a bit of size difference between tagged and actual. For what I have been purchasing, I have generally gone DOWN one or TWO sizes. Lots of their jackets run pretty large.

Edward

Bartender
Edward - I am sure you are doing this but everyone needs to be sure to look at their sizing details as they list the actual dimensions of their garments. There is often quite a bit of size difference between tagged and actual. For what I have been purchasing, I have generally gone DOWN one or TWO sizes. Lots of their jackets run pretty large.

Yeah the ones I was looking at before were all actuals, though it's been a few months. Good news if they're sizing up a bit!

Pandemic

One Too Many
I’m thinking about getting the ‘submarine n1’ jacket. The sizing chart says I’m a 38 but I’ve heard a wild array of opinions on whether they tend to run small or large.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
I think their stuff gets despatched from China. Does anyone in the UK know if we have to pay VAT or duty when receiving orders from there?
Technically you do have to pay VAT/duty from China, however on both of the occasions Ive ordered from them I havent had to as the value was marked below the threshold

Tec

New in Town
I think the website called Olderbest is either owned by Bronson or they work really close together. The prices are in British pounds (sales are exactly the same, just different checkout codes), all the Bronson/Non-stock stuff seems to be on there, and all the reviews are shared between the sites. Stuff still ships from China, but:
We have joined the EU's IOSS system. For orders sent to EU 27 countries, we have already paid the entry tax, and you don't need to pay it again.

I imagine ordering directly from Bronson is exactly the same thing, duties paid. But I'm just making guesses here, haven't looked too much into it.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I’m thinking about getting the ‘submarine n1’ jacket. The sizing chart says I’m a 38 but I’ve heard a wild array of opinions on whether they tend to run small or large.
I went up one size only because I knew at some point I would wash the jacket and put in dryer (was tan color so odds were high it was going to get dirty). So the 42 pretty much came down to a 40.

If you don't think you'll ever wash it and/or will hand wash/air dry when the time comes, you can probably order true to size. The thick lining adds some bulk to the fit so I would add a good inch to your normal ptp with a leather jacket.

edit typos

Pandemic

One Too Many
I went up one size only because I knew at some point I would wash the jacket and put in dryer (was tan color so odds were high it was going to get dirty). So the 42 pretty much came down to a 40.

If you don't think you'll ever wash it and/or will hand wash/air dry when the time comes, you can probably order true to size. The thick lining adds some bulk to the fit so I would add a good inch to your normal ptp with a leather jacket.

edit typos
Thanks!!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the website called Olderbest is either owned by Bronson or they work really close together. The prices are in British pounds (sales are exactly the same, just different checkout codes), all the Bronson/Non-stock stuff seems to be on there, and all the reviews are shared between the sites. Stuff still ships from China, but:

I imagine ordering directly from Bronson is exactly the same thing, duties paid. But I'm just making guesses here, haven't looked too much into it.
Seems both websites are operated by the same company in London (same address in Chinatown). Likely overseas agent/distributor of Bronson.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

Never seen Olderbest before, but ordered their merino wool Aran sweater. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.
Bronson, I’ve got so much stuff from them. Really high quality pieces. People approach me and ask me where I bought the stuff. I already have so much from them but I got the fatigue pants, a sweater and two more T-shirts on the sale.

Edward

Bartender

That wouldn't affect GB, though, with Brexit and the UK mow out of the EU. NI might be covered given it is still effectively EEA (at least for now, unilateral moves are underway on the UK side to change that), though not sure how it would be dealt with if it was shipped via rUK rather than Ireland.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think their stuff gets despatched from China. Does anyone in the UK know if we have to pay VAT or duty when receiving orders from there?

According to their FAQ:

No charges are payable on orders delivered to addresses within the US. Goods shipped in UK, Europe and other countries may be taxed at standard rates.

Same FAQ in the Olderbest website

Anyone ever checked their aloha t-shirts?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Their stuff is good for the price, but come on, we need larger sizes!

I got one of their largest available size B-15C MOD jackets last year... and while I actually could zip it, it pinched badly under the arms and there was zero layering room. I ultimately passed it along to my slightly lighter/smaller son. But I was impressed with the materials/workmanship, and I'd jump on a couple of their other jackets if they'd actually fit my 46/48 body decently!

BronsonB15CMODfront.jpg

I-Jusa-I

Familiar Face
This seems to be the most recent thread where Bronson was discussed so here goes:

I've been eyeing one of their nylon MA-1s and came across a thread about the nylon jackets "staining" a lot in the rain, white streaks and spots and such.

Has anyone here had the same experience on theirs if it got hit with some rain?

gary m

Vendor
Anything Chinese you have to have a good contact person . They send any old size out if you don’t . Apart from that l received a jean jacket small when l asked for Xxl . Forgettaboutit

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ