Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown FQHH Highwayman for Sale

I really hope this topic gets back on topic. This is not the place for bantering on animal rights.
I am a huge animal lover, but I also consume food and goods made with animals. I certainly would never knowingly buy something that came via cruel means, but I don't think this is the place for this argument (which like politics, will end badly)

elnico

New in Town
apologies

I really hope this topic gets back on topic. This is not the place for bantering on animal rights.
I am a huge animal lover, but I also consume food and goods made with animals. I certainly would never knowingly buy something that came via cruel means, but I don't think this is the place for this argument (which like politics, will end badly)

I never meant this thread to cause tension regarding animal rights .... I just answered a question as to one of the reasons why I would want to sell such a nice jacket....

I already knew about the natural death hides that Aero is supposed to use... though now thinking about it..considering how busy they are and far back their order list is and Horsehide seems to be the most popular hide I am quite frankly amazed at its availability... I know the cost has gone up but this would not explain how they get so many hides..... just some last thoughts on that

.. now back on thread
The auction has only had four bids and I put on a reserve now as if I am to sell I will not be giving this jacket away..but has a high number of watchers so maybe it will go.. maybe not
To be even more honest ...apart from my new found vegetarianism I cannot realistically afford to keep this jacket with Christmas coming up.. I have not worked now for over 2 years and I am a stay at home dad to my 3 year old girl Bethan.... Christmas is coming and this the only Luxury item I have that will raise the right money to get us through the festive season with some cheer...I have some other coats to keep me warm enough ( though not this quality or protection the Aero has) ..I was hoping to hang onto it long enough to pass it onto my oldest Son Morgan ( he's 14 not quite big enough yet!! though not far off).. I've seen him eyeing it up though.....

Anyway hope this is enough to take the scent off the animal thing..

By the way I have a Job interview tomorrow and have just finished application forms for 4 more jobs...my daughter starts full time Nursery in the new year,,,:(

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello elnico,

Good luck on selling your Highwayman..........it looks like a great looking jacket.
Also, may good things come from your job interview tomorrow(today your time). I wish you all the best in your job hunting venture.

Best regards, coffee

slicker63

Familiar Face
Good luck with that beautiful jacket...seen it on ebay... so many views... hope it sells and the interview goes well.... s

Peacoat

Bartender
Too bad it is in England. Shipping and taxes would probably eat me up. Do you have any idea what they would be? But I am interested. Hate to see a jacket like that go to an outsider; it looks a treat!

And what is the measurement from armpit to armpit, across the chest. First zip the jacket, lay it on a flat surface, pull it tight, let it relax and then take the measurement. I'm not too concerned that you get the seam to seam, but the widest part under the armpits will be better than the seam to seam.

You didn't answer my questions, so I ask again. You might not know the answer to the first, but the second ought to be easy enough. And I'm not looking for the tag size, but the pit to pit as explained above. From that I can determine if it is a fit for me in the chest. Or, I can go to Ebay and ask it there if you prefer.

elnico

New in Town
measurements

You didn't answer my questions, so I ask again. You might not know the answer to the first, but the second ought to be easy enough. And I'm not looking for the tag size, but the pit to pit as explained above. From that I can determine if it is a fit for me in the chest. Or, I can go to Ebay and ask it there if you prefer.

Hi Peacoat... Sorry about that... we all got a bit distracted by the veggie thing going on there for a bit...

I've done as you asked and it measures a straight 24" which is interesting considering its down as a 44 chest size on the label

Thanks guys for your best wishes... had the interview.. and it went pretty well.. fun with 3 people interviewing you at the same times... lots of note scribbling going on...points mean prizes... should know in a few days .. and if I don't get it?.. then put down to a good practice start and on to the next!!

All fun....

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Hi Peacoat... Sorry about that... we all got a bit distracted by the veggie thing going on there for a bit...

I've done as you asked and it measures a straight 24" which is interesting considering its down as a 44 chest size on the label

Thanks guys for your best wishes... had the interview.. and it went pretty well.. fun with 3 people interviewing you at the same times... lots of note scribbling going on...points mean prizes... should know in a few days .. and if I don't get it?.. then put down to a good practice start and on to the next!!

All fun....

24" across the chest means it will fit like a 46. May be a bit large for me. But I am still going to think about it.

jon z

One of the Regulars
Hi Peacoat. Here's a thought. That jackets looks to fit elnico spot on in the posted pics so why not ask him what his chest measures to find out if it's the same as yours? Maybe that would help you decide if the fit was going to be right for you.

With regards import duties buying into the UK high value items from outside the EU attracts horrendously high taxes. There are ways around this of course which I don't hesitate to resort to ;)

elnico

New in Town
Hi Peacoat. Here's a thought. That jackets looks to fit elnico spot on in the posted pics so why not ask him what his chest measures to find out if it's the same as yours? Maybe that would help you decide if the fit was going to be right for you.

With regards import duties buying into the UK high value items from outside the EU attracts horrendously high taxes. There are ways around this of course which I don't hesitate to resort to ;)

I Just used a a tailor's tape measure on my chest ... expanded dead on 46" and relaxed dead on 44"

Aero wanted to take the relaxed measurement when helping me size up this jacket .. it was custom made for me. Not off the shelf as you would expect from Aero...
Just to be clear.. This jacket is in the UK.... I'm not sure what taxes and duties would be entailed in sending to the USA.

Thanks, Nic

Peacoat

Bartender
Thanks Elnico. Probably just a bit too big in the chest as I am a 42. I would probably give it a go if it were in this country and I didn't have to worry with shipping and taxes.

elnico

New in Town
As the last few hours pass towards the end of the auction I must admit I am now starting to get cold feet about letting it go...especially if it only just reaches the reserve!

Could any gentlemen here reading this please comment upon how you think the jacket fits on me from the photo's supplied... particularly around the shoulders?

Thanks, Nic

I've decided to Sell my Highwayman.... so I thought I would just give you Guys a heads up as well...

I always intended to put pictures of myself wearing this jacket up on this site.. especially after all the help I had from you all in deciding the style and spec of my first order from Aero

newimages.fotopic.net

newimages.fotopic.net

It is listed on Ebay....though I would prefer it to go to some-one from here..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120651315358&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1147wt_1139

Thanks Guys,,,,,:D

Peacoat

Bartender
I think it is a very good fit on you, including the shoulders. You are a bit bigger than I am; that's why I decided not to bid on it. Don't let it go, unless you really need the money. A year or two from now you will be kicking yourself in the butt for selling it.

elnico

New in Town
I think it is a very good fit on you, including the shoulders. You are a bit bigger than I am; that's why I decided not to bid on it. Don't let it go, unless you really need the money. A year or two from now you will be kicking yourself in the butt for selling it.

Thanks Peacoat... well, as you all already probably know it just missed the reserve... Maybe its a little too close to Christmas now for the discerning gentleman to splash out on an expensive leather jacket .. and the arm repair probably put a few potential bidders off....Anyway I'm pretty glad about it not going now; I spent so much time in communication with Aero in getting the jacket just right ...

Looks like I'm staying in the Aero club!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy