Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown FQHH vs. Vintage Brown FQHH

I just realized I have my "get out of jail free" card due to the chicken coop/run I've been building. I think if I gett financially stable alter in the year I might go for it. Might get a better deal too. Good luck on your bike Double. I think the Trumpet is a sweet ride and there's lots of juicy aftermarket parts for 'em.I'm totally beat and sore from working on that damn thing all day lol

Windward

Practically Family
Hello Windward;
Great pictures. Your jackets always look like poster boys for Aero Leathers.

Regards,
coffee

@coffee - Thanks my Friend ! :ranger: .... great so see that coffee is always here ...!
@Butte - glad you also like the natural vintage of AERO ... you have another jacket in mind? :D

@coffee - Thanks my Friend ! :ranger: .... great so see that coffee is always here ...! @Butte - glad you also like the natural vintage of AERO ... you have another jacket in mind? :D
Always Windy, always. BR I gotta say, this year cold end up being not so good so I have to stop for a while. On hold, as they say...

Doublegun

Practically Family
One more jacket question: per Amanda, the standard back of a size 46 Cafe Racer is 28", about 2" longer than my LHB, and I am thinking that I may want it a little shorter (1.5"-2"). Anyone have any advice based on experience who can advise me?

Cooperson

One Too Many
Thanks for the great high quality photos Mr Windward. Really like the look of the vintage brown fqhh - putting it on my wish list!

Doublegun

Practically Family
Pretty much the standard 2-pocket in Vintage Brown FQHH. Adding 1" to the sleeves, satin lined sleeves and bikers back. The only real tweak is a breast pocket sewn into the lining, big enough for my iPhone. Also hoping to drop 20-lbs in the next 12 weeks so i can do the jacket justice.

Pretty much the standard 2-pocket in Vintage Brown FQHH. Adding 1" to the sleeves, satin lined sleeves and bikers back. The only real tweak is a breast pocket sewn into the lining, big enough for my iPhone. Also hoping to drop 20-lbs in the next 12 weeks so i can do the jacket justice.
Sounds good. Good,luck on the weight. Did you take that into account in the numbers?

Doublegun

Practically Family
Epilogue: My Cafe arrived yesterday and I am extremely pleased. Fit is even better than I hoped (especially considering the extra pounds I am carrying). When I got the box my initial concern was the jacket had been stolen because of the weight of the box. I went with the "vintage" FQHH and is it considerably lighter in weight than the standard FQHH. Two minor points of concern: the sleeves are lined with satin and have to push the satin back up the sleeves after I put the jacket on. Also, there are some areas on the sleeves where the color looks a little spotty, perhaps it's the vintage finish?

I'll try to post some photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic