1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Brown or natty cxl enginner boots?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Bigbenbs, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Bigbenbs

Bigbenbs One of the Regulars

Interesting.

The challenge is that once one moves into the $600+ range a bunch of other options emerge (custom Wesco, standard and strange collaborations, attractions etc.).

What are your favorites engineers?

2. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

I only have my attractions now. Had whites and wesco.

But from what you say, you will not like attractions. They are a sleek shape, low volume toebox etc.

3. Dav

Dav One Too Many

My role clubs followed by my lofgrens

4. Colin G

Colin G One of the Regulars

Good to know. What are the reasons?

Regardless, I have been eyeing up Wesco 7400 engineers for years now. I have no way to try before I buy which is why I have not pulled the trigger yet. That and I am unsure if my jeans will fit over them. I wear pretty slim fitting jeans.

5. Dav

Dav One Too Many

They're just not as well made in my opinion, especially the stitching on the half sole doesn't run back far enough allowing it to flap, no matter how often I reglue it. Plus as mentioned the shafts are wider than my others.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Colin G likes this.
  6. Bigbenbs

Bigbenbs One of the Regulars

Any experience with real mccoy's Chippewa engineers? I've got an interesting opening for a pair.

7. Dav

Dav One Too Many

No I don't, sorry.

8. El Marro

El Marro Practically Family

Colin,
    I have two pairs of the 7400’s (brown and black) and they are great boots. I find they run narrow so I bought an “E” width instead of the “D” I normally wear. The shaft on these boots is narrower than my Nomads, but it still might be a bit wide for skinny jeans.

Colin G likes this.